☑️Jirou x Momo

Part 1/1

((yo! Homophobic content is here! Be warned. Don't throw your phones my dudes.))

*3rd person POV*

"You can't tell me who to date!"
Jirou told her father.

"As your father I can! I don't like you hanging out with her!"
He yelled.
Jirou's father was never the agressive type but when it came to his pride and joy he would go mental.
"She's a bad influence on you."

Jirou huffed and crossed her arms looking away from the man.
"I don't care."
She muttered.

"You should. You could get hurt and besides you shouldn't be dating the same-"

"The same what!?"
Jirou interrupted.
"What dad? The same gender?"

"Well, as the saying goes..."
He tried to stay calm.

"No, no. I can't."
Jirou sighed slipping on her shoes.
"I don't know why you can't see I'm actually happy with someone! And if it just happens to be a girl, then what?!"

"That's not what I'm saying. I know your happy but it might not be good for you."
He crossed his arms.
"Where are you going to go."

"Oh, I don't know. My girlfriends!"
Jirou slammed the door.
She pulled her jacket up and tucked her hands in her pockets as she made her way across the sidewalk.

She couldn't believe it.
After everything, her father was homophobic?
What!?
She huffed to herself and watched her feet.

Not long later she was in front of Momo's house.
It wasn't too late, only around Eight in the evening so everyone should still be awake.

She placed four solid knocks on the door.
Though it was late, momo opened the door.
"Oh my goodness! What are you doing?! It's cold get inside."

She rushed jirou inside, gave her some hot chocolate and a cosy blanket.
"If you get sick I'll kill you. What were you thinking? There's snow. All over the place."

Jirou smiled.
"I just needed you."
She said simply.

Momo picked up on the sadness in her voice and could tell something was up.
She brushed the fallen hair out of jirou's face, giving her a worried glance.
"What happened?"

Jirou took in a breath. Her fingers tapped and played with the warm glass in her hand.
"Well...my father is homophobic."

Momo's eyes went wide.
She's heard things of course but never had any experience with homophobic people before.
"He didn't hurt you right?"
All the stories about abusive homophobic parents went to her head and she began panicking.

"What! No..no physically."
Jirou's fingers tapped the glass and closed her eyes.
She breathed in, trying to forget for the time being.

Momo draped an arm around jirou and pressed a kiss on her cheek.
"Let's not think about it. Wanna watch a movie?"

Jirou smiled and set her coco on the side table.
"I'd love to but, I just want to be with you. Can we go up to your room?"

Momo took jirou's hand with a smile and nodded.
They made their way up what felt like at least a dozen stairs before finally collapsing on Momo's huge bed.

Jirou laughed and clung to Momo's side, cuddling up with her. Momo wrapped her arms around jirou.
For a while the just stayed silent. Just enjoying each other's warmth, touch and presence.

"I know he is homophobic, I mean. This isn't the first time he's had a problem with me being with you. Still, I shook me when he raised his voice."
Jirou explained, grabbing Momo's arm. Tears pricked her eyes as she continued.

"Family is supposed to love you, no matter what. I feel like he hated me just because of this little thing.."
She sniffed. Momo cuddled her closer, she never liked seeing jirou upset even before they were a couple.

"Shh..I know but, it's okay. My parents love you. They'll be what your father can't"
Momo rubbed jirou's back softly.
"I promise you."

"Momo..."
Jirou's hands went around and clinched Momo's shirt.
Her voice was full of pain and sadness.

Momo felt tears prick her eyes.
It's been a while since jirou as been like this and momo hated it. She hated the fact that jirou's father was the cause.
"How about we sleep a little. You can stay here as long as you like-"

Momo was  interrupted by Jirou's phone ringing.
Jirou picked up her phone from the small bedside table and answered.
"Hello?"

"Did you actually go to her house!?"
Her father yelled.
"Where is it!? I can't believe you would go against my orders. What kind of-"

"No, stop. You've been like this ever since mom left. Don't you dare ever put my name after any of those words ever again."
Jirou said through tears.
"You are supposed to love your kids no matter what but that's one of the parental requirements I guess you could never complete."
Then she hung up.

Momo looked at jirou with soft eyes, half way thinking it was her fault.
"Jiji, look at me please."

Jirou looked up with watery eyes.
"Momo-"

"Shh."
Momo hushed her.
"Come with me okay?"
Momo grabbed jirou's hand and they both exited the room.

Momo led jirou through the hallways, stairs and doors untile she stopped in front of a double door.
Momo turned to jirou and smiled.

"What-"

Momo knocked and a few seconds later her mother opened the doors.
"Oh, hello."

"Hi mom. Sorry for the late intrusion."
Momo smiled tilting her head to the side.
"Jirou needs some support right about now and with what's happened I thought it would be best of she had a group."

Her mother nodded with a smiled and invited them in.
"Hun, jirou is having issues and momo thinks we can help"

Momo's father walked out of the walk in closet in a fancy business suit.
"Alright but remember we have the big meeting in a little."

"Oh, hush."
Momo's mother waved him off as they all gathered
"Now, what's the issue?"

"Well, as you know me and jiji are in a relationship but, her father doesn't approve and is homo-"

"Momo, sweetie. What did we say about cursing?"
Her mother warned.

Momo cleared her throat and fixed her words.
"Right, he doesn't like the same gender relationships."

Momo's father immediately looked at jirou who was trying to hide behind momo.
"What happened?"

"Oh, dear."
Momo's mothers hand went up to her chest.
"That must be hard "

Jirou slowly came around from momo and faced them, playing with he thumbs she explained.
"I had just gotten done with a call with momo and went downstairs. My father heard and meet me at the bottom of the steps and started raising his voice about how he's my father and he can control who I date."

"Basterd."
Momo's father muttered, clenching his fist.

Momo's mothers hands went up to cup around her mouth in awe.
She never could imagine a parent raising their voice to their child over that.

"And...I yelled at him then left."
Jirou rubbed the side of her arm.
"He called me a few minutes ago too."

"Yelling at his own daughter for such a small thing."
Momo's father looked at jirou with soft eyes.
"Liking the same gender is not something to be ashamed of. I'm actually very proud of my daughter but that's because she wants to be a hero not because she likes girls. I like girls too so in a way she's taken after my side of the family."

Momo's mother slapped his chest and huffed lightly.
"Well besides that."
She glared playfully.
"You will always have a home here"

.
.
.

"You're late"

Momo's father pushed up his glasses
"I had a more important issue to handle first."