chapter 1.

there that boy was again. this was the third time this week capo didn't let his boyfriend into the meeting. when capo ignored him, he cried in the hallway until the meeting is over. i kind of felt bad for him. since i wasn't really involved or needed in the meeting i went over to the boy.
"hey what's wrong?" i softly asked as i put my hand on his shoulder.
"frankie won't pay attention to me. he's been ignoring me all week." the boy said in between sobs.
"well i'll pay attention to you if you want, my names bert." i said with a warm smile to comfort him.
"my names gee, short for gerard..." he said not sure to trust me or not.
this became our ritual when i wasn't needed in meetings. frank had been training some new guys and told me i could do some work or just hang out. i decided to hang out with gee a lot during those times. that's how i know his favorite color is lilac and his favorite stuffed animal was a build a bear frog he lovingly named leap. his favorite tv show to watch was blues clues. not the new one. he didn't like the new one because his favorite was steve. steve wasn't on the new one.
"bertie?" he said while yawning.
"yes, dear?"
"i'm tired." gerard rubbed his eyes...he looked so cute.
"ok my love." did i really just say that? it kind of slipped but if capo heard that he was surely to kill me. i brushed it off, tucked him in, then left the room. i actually wonder why capo didn't mind me hanging out with gerard? he used to protect him and let him sit in his lap during meetings. lately he'd been distant.