chapter 5.

the next morning i felt kind of bad. i had cheated on frank...i wasn't thinking. i couldn't possibly face frank again without the guilt consuming me. i had decided i needed to be with frank. i felt so bad and needed comfort so i made my way to franks bedroom door.
"frankie?" no answer. i heard footsteps down the hallway so i looked and saw bert.
"bertie!"
"hey gee! capo is out doing some...business but he wanted me to look after you." he said as he kissed my forehead.
"i'm so happy you're here! i missed you so much."
"i could tell after that phone call we had last night." he let out a soft chuckle.
i dug my face into his chest and felt his warmth against me. i felt safe. bert felt like home. we decided to spend the rest of the day watching tv until suddenly bert started to kiss me. my heart skipped a beat as i kissed him back and fell into his embrace. i started to lift up his shirt when suddenly we heard the main door open. we jumped up and collected ourselves as bert went out to greet the rest of the mob. frank had to be there. the guilt soon returned. my heart was aching. was i a bad person?
a few moments later frank walked in for the first time in a month.
"sorry i haven't been paying attention to you. that wasn't very nice of me but i was busy. i hope you forgive me."
i felt like a thousand bricks hit me. i should be the one saying sorry...though i didn't deserve forgiveness, for what i did was so bad. i don't think what frank did was nearly as bad as what i did.
"yeah frankie... it's ok. i missed you." my heart hurt. i was a bad person.