(chapter 13) ...and let it kill you.

tw: m*rder, ab*se

"gee. why'd you do it?" he looked like he was about to cry. i'd never seen him like this before.
"i- i didn't mean to. you were ignoring me and-"
"oh so you're gonna blame it on me. it's my fault you cheated on me with my best friend." his eyes were full of tears.
"no it's not what you think. he's just a friend and i don't really have anyone in here besides you and-"
"so i wasn't enough? is that what it is?" he threw his hands into the air.
"are those- are those hickeys on your neck?!" i'd never seen him filled with so much rage before.
"i'm sorry i-"
"enough with the excuses!" he shouted as he started to choke me. i started to kick but it didn't do any good. then he threw me across the room. everything went black.

i woke up tied to a chair in his office. he was typing something on the computer while crying. bert was tied up in a chair against the wall. he must've noticed my head turn when i was looking at bert. i turned over to frank and he was staring at me dead in the eye. he just sat there looking at me with pain in his eyes.
"gerard." he finally said.
"y-yes?" i finally stuttered.
"i've been nothing but good to you... every time you did something bad i could've killed you. you realize that?"
"y-" he interrupted me.
"do you love bert...?"
"i-"
"answer the question. yes or no. do you love bert?"
"...yes..."
"thank you, gerard."
frank went over to wake up bert.
"wake up you greasy son of a bitch."
i'd never heard frank speak like that in front of me before.
"h-hey..." bert said.
"wake up." frank then shot his gun, causing bert to become fully alert.
"uh- what? where am i?"
"you took gee from me. you were my best friend." frank pointed the gun at bert.
"listen. we can talk this through. please i-"
"don't hurt him!" i exclaimed.
he looked at me in the eye then shot bert in the head.
i felt queasy. i wasn't even thinking about myself. or how frank could easily do the same to me if he wanted.
"look what you did, gerard." frank grabbed my head and pointed it towards bert. frank then began to uncontrollably sob. i was in shock. frank then picked up the gun and turned to me. hopefully i would be with bert.