(chapter 12) find what you love...

the next morning i woke up with arms around me. i looked around to my surprise to see bert.
"hi baby...you awake?" he looked at me with so much love in his eyes.
"yeah..." i smiled back at him. i loved him so much but at the same time i didn't want to leave frank. he leaned in for a kiss.
"i got something fun planned for today gee gee..." gee gee. i liked that nickname.
"really?" my eyes lit up.
"yeah baby we can eat this like, birthday cake flavored ice cream i got for you. then we can watch blues clues if you want." he said as he moved my hair back and planted a kiss on my forehead. i can't believe he'd remember that random fact about me. bert listens to my rambling. i was in love. he made the most out of our situation as it was too dangerous for me to leave the house. frank had never even tried to set up a date. he was always busy.
later on through the day we had finished our ice cream and i was laying on berts lap.
"what's going on in here?" franks voice boomed through the room as i shot up.
"n-nothing capo i was just comforting gee. see, he had this bad dream and was crying." i could tell frankie was seeing right through it. the veins were popping through his neck. his tie was loosened and his face was red. he really did not look like he wanted to deal with this right now.
"you touch my gee...you're dead." frank gritted his teeth.
"get out of his room. i better not see you near him again." he said as he led his hand to the gun in his pocket.