Oneshot (Mermaid!Benjamin × Prince! Reader)

-2nd pov-

There he was...

The merman your father caught from the sea.

Merpeople, or Sea people, are very rare to find. They usually live in the darkest places where they have beautiful cities, like the city of Atlantis. Legends say that their tails glow the most beautiful of colors, it's like they have the northern lights in them. The tails are worth thousands but a live merperson is worth millions.

And your father had got one...just for you. You hated it. You hated the gift he gave you. You didn't want to have an intelligent, talking, almost human-like, creature that was taken away from his family. But there was a small part of you that wanted to keep him anyway.

The merman was so....gorgeous, so handsome, more beautiful than what they describe the sea people. Were all sea people this pretty? You assumed the were. The merman had flowing yet short blonde hair, and baby blue eyes, he had soft pink lips, the fairest of skin, and a beautiful glowing smooth blue tail.

You knew that doing anything gay or non masculine would make your father lose his mind but you had an urge to kiss him. Yet you didn't give in to the urges. You had to free him, it was the right thing to do. So you went up to speak to the beautiful creature.

"What's your name?" You asked him.

"I'm Benjamin..." He spoke softly, the creature looked at you in awe. Guess he never had seen a handsome human before.

"That's a lovely name...where did you come from?"

"I came from northern sea near Antarctica, I am a prince of Solum..what is your name?" Benjamin asked curiously as he poked his head from the top of the tank.

"I am Prince Y/N of Xeador...you live near  Antarctica?" You asked. Strange, you always thought that mermaids lived in much more southern and warmer places.

The merman shook his head, "We are a rare breed of mermen, we are known to be winter sea creatures.."

You took the information in and nodded. "Well I guess we should get you back to your kingdom," You sighed as you pulled out a vial. "This potion won't make you fully human but it will turn your tail into legs."

Benjamin was hesitant but took the potion and drank it. He felt really weird and felt out of the tank as his tail turned into legs with some fish like things on the bottom of them and he became a hybrid of human and merman.

You blushed when you saw his naked body and looked away as you gave him pants and a cloak. This was all you could get since Benjamin would turn into a mermaid and that he'll be back in the ocean...hopefully.

-Benjamin's pov-

I slipped on the pants and put on the cloak. I then looked up at the handsome human prince that was before me. Most humans I came across were horrendous pirates, but this prince...he's beautiful. The best part was that he was kind enough to take me home.

"Come on, follow me," Y/N said. "There's a boat we can take to get you far from here, but we must be quick!" He took my hand and led me through the hall, I didn't know how to walk but it didn't take long for me to get used to.

I huffed as we left his castle. It was cold and rainy out but I'm used to the cold therefore it was nothing to me. The boat wasn't far but we weren't going to leave without trouble.

"Hey you! Get back here!" One of the guards shouted, loud enough to alert the king who was on the balcony.

The wind snatched up my cloak and blew it away for me to be revealed to the king and his men. They were so focused on me they didn't realize that they're son was behind all of this. They began to throw spears at us and I looked at the prince with fear in my eyes.

Y/N put me in the boat and said, "Don't worry, I'll get you out of here!" He placed a reassuring kiss in my forehead which caused me to sputter and blush.

Y/N got on boat and sailed off at spears continued to miss us. I look at the prince and said, "Thank you...Thank you so much.."

The prince blushed at me and I blushed more. I looked behind him to see an spear head right towards him. I gasped and push him out of the way as the spear  pierced my heart and the force caused my glasses to fall off. I heard a ring as my vision blurred. Y/N screamed and went towards me, cupping my cheek as tears came down his pretty face. He just wanted to help me.

-2nd pov-

"T-thank you..." Benjamin said to you before drawing out his final breath.

You let out a cry of sorrow. All you wanted to do was to save a beautiful man...and you couldn't. This was fate..

The least you could do was put him back in the ocean. You slipped off his pants and stood over the edge of the boat. Instead of dropping Benjamin, you fell into the ocean to drown. Benjamin's legs turned back into a merman tail as you both slowly sank into the ocean.

Never to be seen again...

The end.

(Wow this was more shitty than when I thought of it in my head)