50-foot Giant

Max ran into the crowd of trucks and people. He somehow managed to get to the front of the mob.

He saw a bunch of tranquilizer darts shot at random placed, mainly his arms and legs. Max couldn't just watch. He had to do something. Nico was struggling against all of the ropes, trying to hold him down. The giant's movements were sloppy. It was probably the tranquilizer kicking in.

"Nico!" Max yelled as he ran over to Nico.

Nico looked over and noticed Max, and a big dopey grin formed on his face."Max!" Nico called back.

Nico managed to break all of the ropes, keeping him down, and crawled over to Max."I found you!" Nico exclaimed. He booped Max's nose, causing him to stumble back.

Max realized that Nico had been caught because he was looking for him. Max felt guilt fall onto his shoulders. He was suddenly lifted off the ground. Nico got up and sat on his knees.

"STOP THAT GIANT!" Yelled one of the enforces.

"Nico, you need to put me down," Max said seriously.

"But I don't wanna!" Nico complained.

Max started to panic. This could get Nico in huge trouble. (pun intended) The human then felt quick kisses from the giant and rubbed Max on his cheek to hug him. The human became red by the affectionate giant.

"FIRE!" The enforcer yelled.

Max tried to push himself away from Nico, but his efforts were useless.

Nico yelped as he felt another tranquilizer stabbed him on the arm. This one seemed more potent than the other ones since his vision became blurry, and he felt weak. Max noticed the giant's eyes struggled to stay open.

"Nico, come on, stay with me." Max pleaded.

"Don't worry about it," Nico smirked.

Nico carefully stood up and made his way out of town. He noticed cars following him. Nico spotted a very tall building. Nico ran over and hid behind the building so the cars could drive past him, and then he could make a break for it. What do you expect him to do? To climb the skyscraper?

He knew that the cops would see him, but it would hopefully throw them off course.His plan worked swimmingly. He took off running to the woods, causing the ground to shake below him.

____

After a while of running, Nico needed a breather. The giant took a seat and opened his hands, revealing Max with messy hair and disheveled clothes.

"Heh, sorry." Nico instinctively scratched the back of his neck.

"What am I going to do?" Max mumbled while pacing on the giant's palm.

Nico tilted his head. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"First off, you have caused massive destruction. Second, you are all over the news at this point. Third, there are probably people already looking for you to kill you. Fourth, I am in deep trouble." Max sighed and looked up at Nico.

There was a moment of silence between the two friends.

"I'm sorry! I was worried about you! You could have been hurt or killed!" Nico cried.

Tears started dripping down Nico's face. Max should have realized how distraught he was.Nico used his right hand to wipe away the stream of tears falling down his cheeks. Max walked over and embraced the giant thumb. Nico moved his arm to see the human hugging his thumb.In the distance, Max and Nico heard sirens and people shouting. The giant gave the human a quick peck and placed him on the ground. Nico ran off into the distance, leaving Max alone.

A few cars drove over and stopped a few meters away from Max. Cops, news reporters, and more ran up to question the poor boy.

"What happened?!""Are you hurt in any way?!""Do you know the giant personally?!""Is this your first encounter with that giant?!"

Max couldn't concentrate on what they were asking. He kept thinking about Nico and what's going to happen to him. A cop moved everyone out of the way to talk to the boy.

"Come with me. Let's get you back to your parents." The cop said.

Max got up and silently followed him to the police officer's car. Reporters kept flashing photos and asking him questions. Max took a seat in the back seat, and they drove off.

____

The officer rang the doorbell, and the door instantly opened. Robert looked relieved to see Max safe. The man gave Max a big hug and thanked the officer.

When they entered, Max saw Jessica's face was red from crying.

"Oh my god! Are you hurt?!" Jessica said as she ran over to Max.

"I'm fine," Max replied.

The boy walked to his room and locked the door behind him. He just wanted to be alone for a while.