I'm Sorry...

The sun started to come down, and everyone left beside Max. He decided to go search for Nico finally.

Max used his phone flashlight to guide his way around the woods. He quickly became hungry and cold. Max was probably lost, but all he cared about was finding Nico.

____

After a while of wandering, he heard sobbing that sounded far away. Once Max heard it, he ran as fast as possible to where that sound was coming from.

Max ran near to where the sound was and hid behind a tree to make sure it was Nico. It was. He was curled into a ball and crying into his knees.

He approached the giant's shoe.

"Nico..?" Max said.

"Why are you talking to a monster?" Nico hissed. His throat was filled with grief.

Max felt a stab in his core. He felt shameful about calling Nico a monster.

"I-I'm sorry about... that. I wasn't thinking, and I didn't mean it... If there is anything I could do to make up for what I said, even if it means you n-never want to see me again, then I-I'll do it. Just say the words, and I'll g-go..." Max didn't look up at Nico. He couldn't bring himself to do it.

There were a few seconds of silence. A giant finger poked Max, making him fall back. Nico's finger was then hovering over his head.

"You. Are. Mean." Nico said as he tapped his finger on Max's head.

"Yeah, I know, I'm such a jerk. I don't even deserve a friend like you. Max said as he gave Nico a weak laugh.

"So you'll do anything?" Nico asked.

"Yes, anything," Max confirmed. He still hasn't looked up at the giant.

Nico lifted Max in the air to eye level.

"I want to sleep with you," Nico said in a stern tone.

"Wha- Is that why you picked me up, so I couldn't run away?" Max grumbled."You answered your own question. Nico said with a wide grin. Max would kill to see that grin forever.