.9.

Friday

Frank wrapped his leather jacket around himself as tight as he could and walked into The Underground. Frank made a beeline straight to the bar. "What can I get you?" The exhausted bartender asked, "The cheapest beer you have." The bartender nodded and tossed Frank a beer. Frank popped the cap open with his teeth and took a long sip.

Frank turned to look toward the door right as a familiar teacher walked in. Gerard Way. Frank chuckled at the irony. "Hey hot stuff!" Frank shouted at Gerard. Since the venue had barely anyone in it Gerard heard Frank. Gerard rolled his eyes and ordered a cherry coke and vodka. "Hello Frank." Frank smiled at the outfit Gerard was wearing, "You own actual clothes?" Frank asked. "Suits are real clothes too." Gerard pointed out, "They shouldn't be." Frank said with a grin.

"What are you doing here?" Frank asked Gerard. "Supporting small bands. Do it quit a lot." Frank smiled, "As you should." Frank sipped his beer. "What are you doing here?" Gerard asked. "They're my students, they asked me to come. They said the more the merrier even if I am their teacher." Gerard chuckled, "You don't look old enough to be a teacher." Gerard said in a low voice. "You flatter me. I'm twenty-five. How about you?" Frank asked. "Twenty-seven." Frank smiled, "Perfect." Frank whispered to himself.

Frank smiled when he saw Pete and three other boys walks on stage. A shorter boy walked up to the microphone, he had a guitar around him. "Hello! We are Fall Out Boy. This first song is called dance, dance." Pete smiled and waved at Frank, Frank fist bumped the air and smiled back at Pete.

They actually weren't bad at all. The had a good drummer, the lead singer could really sing, Pete had some killer baselines, and there were some amazing guitar solos. When they walked off stage Gerard turned back to Frank. "They weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be." Gerard said, "Yeah, they got some good ones." Frank was going to order another beer but before he could Gerard handed him a beer. "Here you go." Frank smiled and looked up at Gerard, "Buying me drinks, huh?" Gerard tilted his head to the side, "Yeah?" Gerard looked confused. Frank laughed at Gerard and turned his attention to the kid running up to him.

"Hi Mr. Iero!" Pete yelled, "Hey kid. You guys killed it up there." Frank gave Pete a high five, "Thanks man, that means a lot. I think Lindsey's band is about to go up in a second." Right as he said that Frank saw Lindsey. "I think they're on now." Frank pointed out.

Lindsey was on stage with one other girl and two dudes. The lead singer had his hair in pink librity spikes and he was wearing a black sleevless jacket that said 'JACK ME OFF' in big bold letters on the back. "That's Jimmy Urine." Pete said to Frank, Pete pointed at the drummer. "She's Kitty." She had her hair in four seperate pigtails and was wearing a black tank top with a white tie. "And over there is Steve Righ." He had long black hair with a bandana on his head. He was wearing a black polo and 'fucker' wad written on his arm in black sharpie. Frank chuckled at the kids on stage, they looked like a band Frank would love. "Sup mother fuckers, this songs called bitches." Jimmy got onto of Kitty's bass drum and started into the song.

Frank smiled the whole way through their set. They were a lot dirtier than Fall Out Boy. So much dirtier that Steve Righ actually threw up on stage. Gerard seemed very intrigued by the throw up which Frank thought we super weird but Frank can't judge him.

Lindsey found Frank in the crowd after their set and jogged over to him. "How'd you like it?" She askes. "You guys fucking rocked!" Frank said excitedly. "You guys get an A just for that. Congratulations you both pass my class." Frank patted both of his students on the back. Pete and Lindsey cheered and skipped off to somewhere in the venue.

"You're students really like you." Gerard stated. "Yeah I guess so. I don't really take the teacher role, I'm just kind of there. Your brother is one hell of a bass player." Gerard smiled at that, "That he is." Frank looked up at Gerard, "You should smiled more. When you don't it's intimidating." Frank said. Gerard chuckled, "Intimidating is what I go for during school. I'm not there to be anyone's friend." Frank rolled his eyes, "Sounds boring." Gerard sighed, "Trust me Fraank, I am anything but boring." Frank smiled, "You'll have to prove it to me sometime." Frank winked at walked out the venue to have a smoke.

Frank saw Pete and Lindsey each with a blunt in their hands with two other kids. Frank chuckled, "Be safe!" Frank shouted at his students. Pete and Lindsey looked startled but soon relaxed when they saw it was Frank. Frank walked to a different side of the building so he didn't have to smoke in front of his students. Frank pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit it. Frank quickly inhaled and exhaled. He laid his head against the brick wall. He could feel the bass of the music against his head.

Frank stomped out his cigarette and almost ran into a taller man. "Oh shit, sorry." Frank looked up and saw Gerard, "You again, huh? Can't seem to stay away from me." Frank smirked. "I was just going to ask if I could borrow your lighter. I left mine at my house." Frank hummed, "What's in it for me?" Frank asked. Gerard shrugged, "I won't complain about your music for a week." Frank frowned, "What if I like you complaining about my music." Gerard sighed, "I doubt that." Frank didn't respond he just handed Gerard a bright yellow lighter. "Be quick, if it takes you over thirty seconds to light that cigarette there will be a fine." Gerard quickly lit his cigarette and tossed Frank his lighter. "Thanks Frank." Frank shrugged, "It's no problem. I got to get going, I'll see you Monday Mr. Way." Frank winked and walked to his car.

AN
This is a long chapter :0 wow!

If you have any tips, advice, or ideas

COMMENT HERE

-GROOVYLADY