Chapter 7

"b-ut I l-ike Hi-m..." 'who do you like? is... that me?' Hinata began to start shaking a little.

"N-o... St-op!" 'Oh shit he's having a nightmare!' I didn't want to wake him, so I gently rocked him in my arms. I didn't even know if this would work but he seemed to calm down, his shaking stopping but his breathing seemed heavy and my shirt felt damp, like he was crying. I kept rocking him since it seemed to be working.

As I sat there, rocking Hinata in my arms, there was a nock at the door. I yelled for them to enter and in walked a concerned looking Kenma. He sat on the bed next to me and his look only intensified as he saw Hinata's state. He started to run his hands through Hinata's hair, causing Hinata to snuggle into me more. I blushed a little.

"So Daichi, what happened?" Kenma asked looking up at me.

"Sugawara attacked Hinata, punching him a few times before I could get there. I'm not exactly sure why but I think I have an idea." I looked away from Kenma as I felt mt face heat up.

"And what idea is that?" Kenma looked concerned that it was because of me and it probably is...

"Well Suga had come up to me before Hinata asking why we were hanging out so much. I told him it was because... 'JUST TELL HIM! HE KNOWS HINATA SO WELL!' Because I like him." I felt my face go from warm to on fire. He stayed silent a moment, staring into my dam soul, before he let out a small giggle.

"So you like Hinata huh? You wouldn't be the only one. But you're defiantly the one with a chance." He giggled before turning to face Hinita again

"What does that mean?" I asked a little confused

"So, Sugawara attacked Hinata because you like him. Maybe he likes you and that's why he attacked Hinata? Or is jealous of him?" he asked.

"Seems that why. I honestly don't know if he likes me or not. We have been best friends for a few years now. So maybe?" I said puzzling even myself.

"Either way, once Hinata wakes up call me and ill look after him while you sort it all out." he said before standing up.

"if you want to take over why not now?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Because he deserves to wake up to the person who saved him." Kenma smiled at me before leaving the room. I blushed even more. 'Fuck you Kenma!' I chuckled to myself.

Sugawara's POV

"Because he deserves to wake up to the person who saved him." I heard Kenma say as he walked out of the nurse's office. He went to walk down the hall when he made eye contact with me.

"h-hey Kenma... is Hina-" I started but was quickly cut off.

"Stay away Sugawara. He is with Daichi and doesn't want to see you." he glared down at me.

"But-" I tried to start but he ignored me. Grabbing my hand.

"Don't care, come on were going back." He said as he pulled me back to the gym. I didn't protest.

As I entered the gym the whole mood changed, and the atmosphere changed to a dark one. Kenma released me in front of my team and walked back to his. I couldn't look at any of them, I was ashamed. I'd just attacked our most innocent player, the one I'm always telling others to protect and keep inosent.

"CARE TO EXPAIN SUGAWARA!" Coach Ukai yelled. The rest all staring until, "ALL OF YOU. GO TRAIN!" they all scattered away. Way too scared.

"I... I'm sorry coach, I did-"

"Suga I don't want your bullshit I just want to know WHAT AND WHY!" he snapped. I'm fucked.

"Ukai calm down please, the whole gym is staring." Tadeka placed a hand on Ukai's shoulder. He took a deep breath.

"Ok, Sugawara. Explain." He said a lot more composed now

"I punched Hinata outside. I did it because... he is steeling Daichi. I don't know what came over me. " I said hanging my head in utter shame.

"God Sugawara. I never expected this from you of all people. You're the Vice-Captain and a third year, you know better!" he yelled. He rubbed his hair thinking, "Your done for the day. You won't be allowed to train or play for the rest of they day. You will also apologies to Hinata. Got it?"

"Yes Coach..." I didn't look up and bowed. I went and sat on the bench. Head in my hands.

'God Sugawara... what have you done. And that's not even the worst. I have to talk to Daichi yet.'