Chapter 15

It was supposed to be a normal day.

Why did it have to end like this?

Why did it have to end here...?

Sitting across from Hinata...

As he held onto Daichi's hand...

While he laid passed out in a hospital bed...

Tubes hoked up to his hand and face...

Daichi you dumbass what have you done now...?

<<<>>>

Practice had started as normal for us all. Hinata arrived with Daichi and it made me sad as always, but I made a promise I plan to keep. I smile at the couple as they walked in, Hinata smiled and waived before running off to his setter and pinch server friends. Meanwhile Daichi had come up to me.

"Good Morning Suga." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Morning Daichi. Why are you arriving with Hinata? You two have a fun night or something?" I winked at Daichi who playfully punched me and a blush appeared on his face. Meanwhile a hand appeared on my head.

"Jezz so unholy already Suga?" Asahi said with a chuckle. I looked up and noticed a small purple mark peaking out slightly from his shirt. I rolled my eyes.

"Says you. nice mark." I winked and then turned back to Daichi, who is now chuckling. "So why did you too arrive together?"

"I went to his place to pick him up. he was kinda sad that his parents went away again so I surprised him." Daichi explained. Asahi and I nodded and the three of us stood around talking for a bit until everyone arrived. Daichi then began leading the practice.

As we went something felt off... Daichi looked really weak after just the warm ups? It was so strange for him. Hinata seemed very concerned and from then on he was at his side like glue. Witch wasn't unseal for some of training but this was ALL of it! he even refused to spike when Daichi was receiving.

Daichi didn't get better and even more the colour in his face drained a little so I pulled him aside and sat him on the bench handing him a bottle of water.

"Drink and stay here." I demanded before grabbing Hinata for a chat. "Ok what's with your boyfriend?"

"I-I don't know Sugawara~sempai." He looked away concern on his face.

"Bullshit. What are you hiding?" I asked more than stern. I got really close to his face. Why was I doing this... no idea why I went this far?

"H-he..." Hinata's eyes went wide and, in a moment,, he was gone. "DAICHI!" he screamed as he ran and slid to catch Daichi as he fell. He looked as if he was walking back onto the court. "Daichi? Daichi! Can you here me? Shit Daichi stay with me!" Hinata began to sob and suddenly Tanaka and Noya where glaring at me.

"OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED?" Asahi yelled out running to his friend's side.

"Call an ambulance..." Hinata said just loud enough for us to hear...

"But he just fainted. Its nothing serio-"

"NOW DAMIT! HE NEEDS ONE!" I was cut off by Hinata's blood chilling scream that broke through his sobs. Yamaguchi had is phone out and was the one to make the call. Nishinoya and Tanaka approached me.

"The fuck is with you both?" I asked cold

"Why would you try to say Hinata was wrong?" Tanaka asked, looking annoyed.

"Because he just fainted...? It doesn't seem serious?" I explained my normal tone back.

"And you don't trust him why?" Nishinoya asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked again as the sound of sirens filled the air of the panicked gym.

"Have more faith in the one that would know Daichi best right now." "He clearly knows something, and anyone could have picked it up just by how he said it." the two explained and went away leaving me stunned. They where right. I walked over to where Hinata was sobbing and explaining something to the medics as another few handled Daichi.

"- and then I found out he hasn't been eating properly. If I had to say anything, that would be the cause of why he fainted..." I stood frozen as did the rest of the team other than two, Asahi and Noya. "Please let me ride with him! He is my boyfriend and I need to stay by him!"

"How old would you be?" The man asked in a warm voice.

"Im 15 sir." The medics head dropped.

"Im sorry but you will need an adult to come with you..." the nurse said. Unlucky for us neither coach was here. But there was one option...

"Im 18. That means I can accompany Hinata right?" I knew the answer, mum was a medic like them so she had told me before.

"Any ID?" I went to my bag and showed the man a school ID, "Perfect you may both come." The medic left and we followed. I shouted back,

"ENNOSHITA YOUR IN CHARGE!"

---

We got into the room Daichi had been put in and Hinata ran to his side. Sitting in the chair at his side and gently picking up his hand as tears rolled silently down his face. We haven't talked since we got out of the ambulance. He is definitely mad with me. he didn't do anything but cry in his knees while we where in the waiting room. it hurt to see one of my underclassmen so recked, but I couldn't do anything. I tried but he just pushed me away.

Daichi's doctor came in and explained that he was being fed through a tube and he should wake up within the hour or maybe two. I asked if Hinata could be here alone and he said I have to stay unless another adult came. So I called Daichi's Parents. I could tell I wasn't wanted by Hinata and I just wanted out. as I watched the orange haired boy cry more I looked at Daichi. His weak, pale body laid unmoving. Until Hinata whipped his head towards him.

"Daichi? Are you awake?" he whispered and all of a sudden Daichi moved a little. I smiled knowing that he was awake and would be ok. Soon his eyes opened and looked right at me and then to Hinata almost immediately. "I'm so glad your back!" Just as he woke up, Daichi's mother walked in, my cue to leave. I told her he just had woken up and then tried to slip out unnoticed.

"Suga... thanks..." I looked back, no expression other than tears and left. It hurt that I couldn't be the one to hold his hand, be by his side and more importantly be the one who could help. I walked out and home, I never stopped crying the whole way.

"God dam Hinata... but Daichi loves him and deserves him more than me..." that was my last thought before I went to sleep.