Chapter Five - Helping Kikyo

A/N: Just a heads up, Kikyo might be a bit too ooc. So I am sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's Pov

"Yes it is me," Kikyo." She held out her arms and I gave her the cat. Kikyo took a good look at the cut.

Then she told me she will be back. While she was away I got to work by washing away the dried blood. Kurome soon came back with a basket full of clean water. "Thank you Kurome," I said."

Soon Kikyo came back with a small bowel. She dipped her finger in. She then put the paste on the cut. The cat hissed in pain. Kikyo stopped for a bit. Kurome whispered kind and sweet words in the cats ear while Kikyo applied the paste.

When she neared she asked me to get some bandages. When I tried back Kikyo already had finished applying the paste into the cut. I handed the bandages to her and she wrapped it around the wound.

After Kikyo finished bandaging the wound, Kikyo and I made food for everyone to eat. "Y/N, would you like to help me heal the injured?" Kikyo asked." I thought for a bit. I have to ask her about what she said before. I thought.

"Alright why not," I answered." Kikyo nodded. After eating Kikyo handed me a basket. "From the village there is small field that has herbs I need. Can you get them from me?" Kikyo said." "Sure," I said."

As I left I heard footsteps. I looked over my shoulder and saw Kurome running up to me. "Mum, I want to come," said Kurome as she stopped in front of me. "Kurome, you are too young sweetie. You might get hurt," I told her." She pouted. I ruffled her hair.

"I will be back before you know it. So in the mean time you can help Kikyo when she needs it," I said." Kurome nodded. "Ok, be quick," said smiled." I gave her a smile back. Then I headed of to the field.

Timeskip

After finding the herbs for a some time I headed back to the village. As I walked back I saw long shadows. Looks like the sun is about to set. I stayed for a long time. I thought. I quickly made my way back to the village.

As I got close to the village I saw Kurome standing. She must have had waited for me. I thought. I laughed softly. "Mum, you are back," Kurome called as she ran to me. "Do you need help? I can hold the basket for you," she said." I shook my head.

"No Kurome, this basket is too heavy for you to hold. So don't worry about it," I said." Kurome chattered away as we walked while I listen and said a few things here and there.

When we arrived I saw Kikyo tending to a young man.
"Kikyo-sama, I bought the herbs you asked for," I said." Kikyo stood up and took the basket from me. "Thank you," she said." She asked me to tend to another person while she worked on something.

Soon it was time for dinner. I made some soup which everyone liked. I tucked Kurome in and waited for to sleep while I sang her a lullaby my aunt used to sing to me.

Kikyo and I made a small talk and then we went to bed. I really liked helping Kikyo. I thought. Maybe I should help next time I see her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~