Chapter 1

Her POV

I don't know kung sumpa ba itong araw na 'to o talagang ako lang ang napagtripan ng kamalasan ngayong araw na 'to.

Just imagine!

Una, umagang-umaga nambubulabog ang land lady na magbayad na ako sa upa ng apartment na maliit.

Ikalawa, noong papunta na ako sa opisina, bigla nalang may dumaang sasakyan at natapunan ako ng tubig na galing sa kalsada na hindi pa natutuyo dahil sa matinding pag-ulan kagabi.

At ikatlo, tambak tambak ang mga gawain sa opisinang na malapit na ang deadline.

Haist! Kainis!

Kauupo ko pa lang sa office chair ko ng bigla akong pinatawag ng supervisor ng department namin.

I went to her office at pinaupo niya ako.

"Miss Lopez, this is your third time of being late this month! Alam mo namang nasa rules ng company na---" di ko na siya pinatapos at pinagpatuloy ko ang kanyang statement.

"4 consecutive lates in a month could lead to dismissal." 

"Alam mo naman pala Miss Lopez. This will be the last time na palalampasin ko ang pagiging late mo. Isa nalang at irereport ko na ito sa HR. You may now go." mataray niyang sabi.

I stood up at dire-diretsong lumabas sa office niya.

Napabuntong-hininga na naman ako. Pang-apat na kamalasan ko na ito. Mas may matindi pa ba dito?

I went to my desk at inumpisahan nang gawin ang kailangan kong tapusin.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

His POV

"Son, you will never inherit the company unless you'll have a wife and start your own family!" Dad stated.

"I had been managing the company and became the CEO when you said I am already capable of handling the company. And you said that years ago! I could manage the company without a wife!" I said irritably. 

Like the hell! I had been managing this company for almost 4 years now then he'll just barge into my office and say that I cannot inherit this company if I won't have a wife? 

"I want you to have a wife just because I want somebody to look after you and will be by your side whatever happens! I want you to have a life outside from this office and start your own family!" Dad calmly said.

"But Tiffany's not here! She said she'll marry me if her modelling contract will end which is actually 5 years from now!" I said.

"You know I don't want Tiffany for you. She's nothing but a sick brat who only love herself and your money." Dad exclaimed.

"Don't you dare talk about my girlfriend like that!" I shouted.

"And don't you dare raise your voice like that to your father!" He stood up and went to the door. Before he opened it, he told me this.

"Marry somebody this year. Marry her as soon as possible. If you can't do that, I will be left with no choice but to divide the company's share to the shareholders and you'll never inherit anything. Choose somebody that'll never leave your side and don't ever marry that Tiffany." and he went out.

I clenched my jaw and fists because of my anger. How could he choose what's good for me? 

I went to the mini bar in my office and poured a tough drink in my wine glass.

My life will be messed up, badly.