Thank yous and Sorry-s/ Girls are not weak *Part 11*

Nandini-" Manik has to cook Dosa with chutney, also mumma's favorite idly sambar for us and Appa will help him in that! Isn't it great! " As soon as she said this she heard 2 people shouting on top of their voice.

.

.

Manik/ Nitish-" WHAT !!!COOKING??? WITH HIM. NO WAYS!!!"

Nandini raised her eyebrow in challenging manner-" Yes ways, Manik you promised me that you will do anything for my forgiveness. So I want you to do this. Earlier I had thought something else but now looking at you two fighting I have changed my mind. Cook together and this will also help you both to at least behave properly with each other. Appa now even you are a part of punishment so both the handsome chefs the kitchen is all yours. Amma, come let's watch TV till then these 2 will do their work." She waved at them and held Gauri's hand who was controlling herself to not to burst out laughing.

Bot the mother daughter duo went in the living room to enjoy their Sunday while Manik and Nitish made a puppy face looking at their ladies and then turned towards each other only for Nitish to make a weird face while Manik to smile at him nervously.

KITCHEN

Manik stood by a corner looking at Nitish who was looking around the kitchen like a lost kid. Nitish had never been a great cook, he only knew basics of cooking so right now he didn't know what to do.

While Manik knew how to cook but never in his life he cooked South Indian dishes and now here the love of his life has given him punishment to do something he never did with the person who according to him despise him.

It's a punishment for a reason Malhotra!

And now only his conscience was remaining to mock. He thought.

*Manik stop sulking and start cooking and please don't do any thing wrong in front of your would be father-in-law nahi toh apne hi pyar ko kisi aur ka hote hue dekhna padega.*

Manik gave himself a pep talk.

Manik-" Uncle, should we start? I think we should first start with the filling of dosa." He asked him politely. Anyone who knew Manik would be shocked to see him talking being a little intimidated, but this was him when he was in front of Nitish. Always trying to put on his best of behavior all for his Nandini.

Nitish looked at him suspiciously and asked-" Do you know how to make it?"

Manik -" Yes, I know cooking but only punjabi dishes and a bit of Chinese as it's Nandini's favorite." He said while Nitish looked at him a bit impressed but didn't show it on his face.

Nitish-" Nandini loves south Indian more than those Chinese dishes. Now how will we make this masala dosa, and idly sambar? I think we have the batter with us in the fridge but what about the filling?" He sat on the stool near the counter giving Manik a 'what next' look.

Manik-" Google !!! Uncle we can google it. Wait let me search." He took out his phone while Nitish scooted closer to him to see. They both searched for the recipe and then looked at each other.

Nitish-" You start making I will tell you what to do next after all I only need to help you, the punishment is yours." He sat on the stool while Manik huffed in annoyance but didn't say anything.

Nitish was smirking enjoying the look on Manik's face this was his chance to test him as well as to take revenge from him to steal his wife as well as daughter's attention.

"Okay Manik, first you need to boil potatoes." Nitish commanded and Manik like a sincere child followed his command.

Keeping the potatoes to boil he looked at Nitish with 'What's next' look.