26.INESTIMABLE

RENESMEE

He sighed.

I looked at him, as he drummed his fingers against the steering wheels, waiting for the stoplight to shift green.

How blessed it truly is, to stumble upon a soul that wants nothing but smiles and sunshines for you, for the rest of your life. And there's something so unbelievably refreshing about meeting an individual who is on the same life frequency as you and everything feels effortless and natural. You just vibe! It's beautiful and_

Honk! Honk!

I shook. Oops! I turned back to watch out the long quest of cars, expensive vehicles and heavy crowd of people that stood behind us.

"We are stuck here for atleast an another hour." He said, as he dug his head inside the window.

Ugh! Seriously. I mean- my eyes narrowed and shut in defeat. I clutched my head with my hands.

"And so I foresee the end of our Christmas eve stuck in a stoplight, echoing with horns and bustling of dragging feet of people." He sank back on the seat. "And so I wish to atleast receive my Christmas presents from you!" He moved his palms forward, hoping to have the gift.

I clapped my hands with his. "Ofcourse not! Because firstly, we still have another eight hours in our hands until midnight and secondly~" I leaned closer to him. "You never told me about the huge present that sits on our backseat?!"

 "You never told me about the huge present that sits on our backseat?!"

Chris rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Ok! I agree that the day went pretty well for me (Atleast I didn't end up in bed crying, as what my daily schedule seemed to be.) We went to Chris's house and had a little sneak peak Christmas celebration with his friends and some of their girlfriends. On our way, Rose called up for visiting her NGO to distribute some pretty Christmas gifts to the little children and I found Chris struggling to resolve a great serious dispute among the little ones who took each others cap. Ha! Ha!

And then we stopped for our Christmas presents. Undeniably, Chris was already ready with huge present that gives me a zero percent chance of looking into whatever he has planned for me. So I shoved him out of the shop and-

I bought him a faded pink and white beaded stone bracelet with two charms hung to it. A cross that has deep meaning for all of his faith on Christianity, which would remind him about him being loved and another of mother Mary with Jesus that shows him that he would never walk alone.

Simple and beautiful but a bold reminder that he shall wear always and be reminded of the love God has for him which would always brighten his day.

Of course, the bracelet was not only purchased with him in my mind but it also demonstrates how thoughtful I am for him, of which I hope he doesn't has any idea about.