27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Renesmee}

RENESMEE

"You think too much of yourself!" Jacob yelled.

I stiffened as I heard his voice. I felt the tension that had gathered around and hear the intensity behind his tone. There is a great deal of emotion behind those words; certain aggressiveness, irritation and possessiveness.

All the heads turned to them.

I tried to think of way to stop this, before waiting for a disaster to unfold.

"It's not about me. It's about her." Chris uttered.

My heart pounded hard, as Jacob trembled vigorously against him. His fist suddenly wrapped around Chris's shirt.

"Then you should better stop making assumptions about her!" Jacob snapped, while he pushed Chris against the wall.

"I don't assume things Jacob....things were better before you'd return. She was happy!" Chris declared where Jacob pressed him harder against the wall.

"Jacob!" Dad and Carlisle interrupted.

"Jake?!" Mum shot him a murderous-warning glare.

Embry stepped forward. "Jacob! Let's get out of here."

In that frozen second, between fighting and standoff their eyes flicked to me and then back again. All of our faces unreadable and vacant.

I realised the sudden mistake of predicting them on the same side, assuming that both of them would at least have a little effort towards friendship. But I didn't realise that magic does not exist and....all of this is wrong. Totally wrong! I expected things to go differently, not in a fairy-tale magical way, but atleast easy, where the damage is prevented.

I tried to form my motion into sentence. "Jake, he didn't do anything wrong. He's my best friend and he was trying to help me."

He didn't look at me. "Stay out of it, Ness!"

Chris stared back at Jacob, where his eyes didn't move an inch either. "Aah! So scared to standby the truth?!" Chris said, as his eyes moved back around Jacob neck.

I shook my head. "Chris please! Just stop this both of you. Okay?!"

"No not today, Renesmee!" He paused. "He should be well aware of what you feel!" Chris snapped those words at Jacob.

What you feel! The word stuck my mind. What does that means? My head got tucked at those words draining all the other thoughts, preparing for an answer I never expected to reach; just like a very critical subject where it's up to me how I handle it. Where I have two options: First, to let it destroy all of this or Second, I can destroy it myself. And I heard a scoff that interrupted my flooding thoughts.

Chris shrugged himself away from Jake's grip, shoving himself away where Jacob, while Jacob's eyes remained fixated upon me, absurdly. Was he waiting for an answer?

"She's silent Jacob! So I hope you better be quick to understand this." Chris said.

I gulped down. "I...uh..."

The tension all around was so high, that I found Alice opening the window for the reason alone.

"...I don't know what to say." I said, choosing the right words. I held my breath. "...because right now I can only derive the picture of two people, whom I love the most, are fighting and screaming on each other, at their faces." I gushed over the words, which seemed as an exact reply I was yearning for.

Jacob stepped towards me where his eyes did the failed attempts to pull himself together, wiping away residue of hurt that ran in simultaneous lines over his face, just to tell me how much he still cared. "You had second thoughts, Renesmee?!" He cupped my face, his eyes locked with mine. It scared me to look at those deep brown troubled eyes that used to shine with brilliance once.