Chapter 79

Natasha sighed and looked down at the table. Tony was right. It was really hard to find anything about Mary, but she finally made it. But she immediately ran into a problem again. She turned her head to look at Bruce, who was working a table further. For some unknown reason, Peter felt worse again, and Bruce did what he could to figure out why.

"Bruce?" she addressed him, gaining his attention. After all, he, too, had been working for hours. A break will benefit both of them.

"Yes?"

"Do you know how I said we could start traveling?" she asked. For the last few days, she had been thinking about what their future should look like, and she wasn't sure she just wanted to travel from one place to another. She basically did that all her life.

"Of course," he nodded, moving his glasses closer to the base of his nose. He set the note papers down on the table and went to sit next to her.

"I don't think I want to travel anymore, would that be bad?" she asked a question she was quite afraid of. Bruce loved to travel. But she decided it was time to talk about their relationship with Pepper, revealing to her that she liked what she and Tony had. Pepper gave her a lot of advice, but in the finale, she told her that she had to talk to Bruce and not her. Natasha knew she was right, but that didn't mean she wasn't scared.

"Nat," he sighed, "you know very well that I don't care what we do while we're together," he replied with a small smile, but there was a wrinkle from care on his forehead. But Nat knew that it had never even disappeared.

"I'm not saying we can't travel, I just always want to go back home. It occurred to me that when Pepper moved back in and we made sure Mary would never bother them again, we could go away to leave them some space and enjoy time alone. Peter's holidays are approaching, so they could join us later. What do you think? I think we all deserve some vacation," she told him about the first part of her plan. She had a little scare from the next part, but she managed to stand up to the aliens, she can stand up to living together and living a normal life. Well, at least how normal their life can be.

"I think that sounds great," he said, leaning in so he could kiss her on the lips. Then he was about to get up and return to his work, but Natasha's hand on his shoulder prevented him from doing so.

"There's another thing I need to discuss with you," she muttered, waiting for him to sit down again. Why was this much scarier for her than everyone she fought with together? "Living here with them is great, but I don't think Tony would want us here forever. So we should probably think about what to do next. We could go back to the Avengers facility, but it's quite far from the city and for the two of us it would be terribly big. Fortunately, we have one more option," she began to uncover their options, but then paused.

"And that's it?" Bruce asked, realizing she wouldn't go on her own.

"Pepper offered us her apartment. She said it would stay empty when she moved back home, and if we wanted, we could move there," she said carefully. Not that she was afraid this information would wake the Hulk, no. She was afraid only of his reaction.

"Nat, I have a question for you. What are we going to do when the Avengers are gone?"

"I've been thinking about that too! You can continue to work on your research, and I'll probably start working with Pepper as an assistant. I'm helping her anyway," she replied. She prepared for everything in advance.

"Do you really want to be an assistant? You?" he asked in surprise. He personally liked this idea of life, it just didn't sit well with Natasha.

"It's not so bad! Sometimes I can yell at people," she said with a nervous smile. "I'm still part of what's left of the Avengers, and when the government says, I have to go to war with Tony, but why not try another life? When it doesn't suit us, we can always start traveling. We can do whatever we want."

"If you're sure, I'm with you," Bruce agreed, and a huge stone fell from Natasha's heart. She reached out and kissed him with joy. And of course, that was the moment Tony had to come in.

"Guys, I repeat, a nearly fifteen-year-old teenager with improved senses in the house!" he shouted, but a smirk played on his face. "Do you have any news for me?" he asked as he leaned against the table they were sitting at.

"Unfortunately not me. Whatever tests I perform, the results are still the same. Maybe it just has to come to terms with it. I'm sorry, Tony, but I won't give you better answers," Bruce informed him, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's okay, Bruce. I know you're doing your best," he sighed, patting him on the shoulder encouragingly. "Nat? I hope you have better news for me."

"Not much, Tones. She is like a ghost, but I managed to capture her movement on public cameras and I tracked her all the way to Oscorp," she told him.

Tony's eyes darkened for a moment and he found himself back in the past when he found out what Mary was doing. "That bitch is still working for him. So much for that people change," he said through gritted teeth.

"Probably, but Osborn is really guarding it there, and I can't get into their systems. I think it's your turn now. I also sent everything I found to Pepper, so hopefully, we'll find out soon enough if all three of us work on it," she said, letting him sit down.