THREE

As Sophie's alarm beeped over and over, she realized there was no use in ignoring it. She hadn't really slept that much last night, so she was probably going to be in a grumpy mood for the whole rest of the day.

She turned the annoying alarm off, got out of bed and trudged down the steps and into the kitchen.

"Good morning Sophie," Edaline said. "Or...almost afternoon."

"What?!" Sophie exclaimed, dropping the cup she had grabbed from the cabinet.

Edaline sighed as she picked up with cup and handed it back to Sophie. "You're lucky that cup was plastic. And yes, it's eleven-forty in the morning."

Sophie groaned before filling up the cup with water. "I'm so glad it's the weekend."

Edaline laughed. "I think everyone is—oh! Biana came by earlier and told me to tell you to meet her at that ice-cream/cake/candy place in town."

Sophie blinked her eyes for a few seconds. What on earth could Biana want from her on a weekend?

"Alright," Sophie said with a yawn. "I'll go after I eat breakfast,"

"And change your clothes," Edaline added, motioning to Sophie's matching polka-dotted pajama's.

"Yeah," Sophie said with a sigh. "That too,"

§§§

"So, why'd you want me to meet you here?" Sophie asked after she'd sat down in a seat across from Biana.

"Because, I have a proposition for you," she said, taking a sip of her coffee. "Actually, it's not technically a proposition, but it's close enough."

"Okay..." Sophie said with a sigh. "What is it?"

"Well," she started. "Out group has acknowledged that you have been down in the dumps, and we've come up with a plan to make you feel better."

Sophie rolled her eyes, repressing a groan. "I'm fine. I don't need to be cheered up."

Yes she did. Sophie was lying to herself.

"Yes you do," Biana urged. "And our plan will at least make you feel better for a few hours."

Sophie blinked. "What do you mean?"

Biana smirked. "I can't tell you that exactly, but if you want to feel better—and you trust me—you'll follow me outside."

Sophie wasn't sure if she should listen to Biana. Sure, she trusted her, but everything she was saying sounded very shady.

But...she was a little curious.

"Fine," Sophie said, standing from her chair. "I'll go with you,"

Biana beamed at Sophie before she stood up, grabbed Sophie's wrist and dragged them both outside to her car. "Now, before you get in my car, I have to blind-fold you."

Sophie stepped back from Biana. "Nope! I did not sign up for that,"

Biana's shoulder's slumped. "Please! I'm trying to make this a surprise, and you're ruing it by being uncooperative!"

"Sorry Biana," Sophie said, shaking her head. "But this is freaking me out. You don't just go up to someone and say you want to blind-fold them."

"But I'm your friend," Biana pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you—don't you?"

Sophie was about to refuse her offer again, but Biana's eyes were wide and watery, and she had on an evil puppy-dog face that made Sophie want to strangle her.