NINETEEN

"Please stop!" Dex begged, clasping his hands together and giving Biana pleading eyes.

Biana paused saying, "No," Before she continued to sing the song Love Story by Taylor Swift.

The song wasn't the problem. The problem was the fact that Biana had been singing songs by Taylor Swift all day.

"I'll do anything," Dex said, literal tears forming in his eyes. "Just stop, please."

"Aw, Biana, you're making the poor boy cry," Linh said, giving Dex a pitying look. "He's offering a lot for you to stop."

Biana stopped singing, staring at Dex for a little bit. "Hm...fine. Dex, since you're willing to do anything, you have to help my parents plan my birthday party."

Dex blinked. "Your birthday's in June, right?"

Biana nodded. "Yep, but they start planning in May."

Dex sighed. "Okay, I'll do it."

Biana nodded again. "So now I won't sing Taylor Swift songs—you're welcome."

Before anyone could say anything, the bell rang Sophie headed to art class all alone.

"Nice to see you today Miss Foster," Ms. Oralie said as Sophie walked into the classroom. "How are you doing today?"

"Pretty good," Sophie said with a shrug. "Disaster hasn't stuck yet, so that's gotta be a good thing."

Ms. O laughed. "Yes, it does."

Sophie smiled before making her way to her regular seat. She put her stuff down and went over to the other side of the room to get her "art folder".

It was filled with all the art with she'd done since he ninth grade year. Some of it was good, but most of it was filled with failures that Ms. O liked to tell her were "perfect mistakes".

"Good afternoon," She said, shutting the door and walking in. "Today, I think, should be a relaxing day. So, I want you all to grab a canvas, supplies, and make whatever kind of creation. You can poke holes in your canvas, you can paint it—just do whatever you want."

Sophie smiled, getting up from her seat and grabbing the biggest canvas Ms. O had. She then when over to the supplies, grabbed some sharpie markers and some spray-paint before sitting back down.

She started sketching out her design on the canvas with her pencil. When she was happy with it, she put on some gloves and started to spray the canvas in the spot she wanted them to be. She used colors like purple, pink, indigo, blue, brown, and green.

When Sophie was satisfied, she started outlining the shapes with the same color sharpies, so they'd make more sense. When she was done, it was exactly the way she'd imagined it.

It was confusing, but it also made a lot of sense. Lots of the colors were misleading and splotchy, but it also showcased a colorful tree resting on a green hill.

She nodded at it before taking the black sharpie and signing her name in the corner. She then put it on the rack to dry before walking back to her desk to put her supplies away.

After she'd put away the sharpies and came back to her desk to put away the spray-paint, something clicked in her head.

She had an idea. It was a terrible, crazy, Keefe-worthy idea.

But she really wanted to—no, she had—to go through with it.

"Ms. O!" Sophie said, calling the blonde teacher over. "Could I maybe take some of this supplies home with me?"