TWENTY

"Hey buddy," Sophie whispered, petting her cat at 4:00 that morning. "I'll be back in an hour," She told him, grabbing the bag and starting to head outside.

She was dressed in a black sweater, leggings, and black converses. She had on a black beanie with a black mask on and she made sure to tie up her hair, so it was less seen.

She got in her car, thankful that she'd parked it a good bit away from her house, before turning it on and getting out of her neighborhood.

It took her fifteen minutes to get to the school, and when she arrived, there was only one car there—probably a janitor.

Sophie parked her car somewhere where the outside cameras couldn't see it before getting out and walking to the back entrance of the school.

Over the last few weeks since she'd figured out what she was going to do as her prank, she'd been planning. She'd learned that the back entrance of Foxfire was, for some reason, always open. She also got Dex—he agreed to do it quicker than she thought he would—to override the camera' in the school at a certain time.

So, the cameras had been going off at 4:00, for an hour, every day, and no one had noticed it.

That was a good sign, right?

Sophie texted Dex to make sure that the cameras were off just in case. Dex texted back within a few seconds (why was he still awake?) before she opened the door of the school and quietly walked inside.

Foxfire was a whole different level of creepy at night. In daylight, the school was beautiful and calming. Now, it was terrifying. Figures loomed in the shadows and every time Sophie turned a corner, she expected to see Mr. Leto or Mr. Emery.

It was very stressful.

Sophie continued to quietly make her way to the front office, looking in every direction just in case someone would magically show up. She opened the door that led to all the other offices and walked down that long hallway all the way until the end where Mr. Leto's office was.

The door was wide open with no one in it, so Sophie swiftly made her way inside and took in the boring room.

A ginormous desk sat in the middle of the room. His desk was very neat and tidy with stacks of papers on them. The walls were stark white and only a few pictures were hung on the walls.

"Okay Mr. Leto," Sophie said, setting her bag down and pulling out a pair of gloves. "Let's brighten up your office a little bit."

Sophie pulled out a can of bright blue spray paint and started to spray the white walls with it. She added different colors like neon pink, yellow, and purple to the mixture.

It took her ten minutes, tops, to get it all done. When she'd put everything back in the bag, she took out her phone and took a picture of it.

In all those colors, on the wall, was a four-letter sentence. The sentence said: Keefe Sencen Was Here!

Sophie sent the picture to Keefe with a caption that said: Does this scream Keefe Sencen? Then she added. Delete this message when your done or I'll get suspended.

Then she deleted her own messages, grabbed her stuff, and walked out of the school.

§§§

"I can't believe it," Linh breathed as she gaped at the picture on the school's website. "That's crazy. How did you not get caught?"

Sophie shrugged, just as confused as Linh. It was extremely hard not to act weird when people talked about the prank, and kids had been getting pulled out of class left and right all day.