TWENTY-FIVE

"Today we'll be walking the track," Ms. Axelene said, motioning for everyone to stand up and start heading outside.

Jensi groaned. "This is literally the third week we've walked the track. Why can't we do something else?"

"At least be grateful that we're not doing pushups," Sophie said as they got to the track and started walking on it.

"Yeah," Biana said, agreeing. "That would be terrible since I just got my nails done yesterday."

Sophie, Tam, and Dex laughed before they all started talking about very pointless things.

"Did you know that a family of kittens is called a kindle?" Linh told them with a smile. "I learned about that yesterday."

"That's so cute," Biana squealed. "And speaking of kindles...I used to have one when I was five, but the Fitz pushed me down the stairs and it got cracked and broken."

"Hey, that happens to me all the time," Dex said, his eyes widening.

"What does? Your Kindle Tablet breaks?" Biana asked, looking at her nails.

"No," Dex said. "The triplets push me down the stairs all the time. They even pushed me down the stairs yesterday because I ate the last popsicle."

"I mean, I would too," Tam said, shaking his head. "I love popsicles—especially the green apple flavored ones."

"Green is my favorite kind of apple," Maruca said, nodding. "All the other apples just don't taste good."

"Are you weird, or just a picky eater?" Jensi asked, tilting his head. "Because all apples are delicious."

Maruca shrugged. "I may be picky. There's a lot of foods I don't like—like pickles."

"I love pickles," Sophie said with a grin. "They're so good."

"I like drinking the pickle-juice." Tam said, nodding slightly. "It's really good."

"It's super gross," Linh said, shaking her head. "He comes into my room and brings a whole cup of pickle-juice in there. It stinks and tastes disgusting."

"Are you sure you're related to me?" Tam asked, peering at Linh doubtfully.

Linh rolled her eyes. "Tam, we're twins."

"I wish I had a twin," Sophie said, wondering what it'd be like to have any sort of sibling. "It seems so cool."

"It is sometimes, but—" Linh started, but Dex cut her off.

"Having identical siblings in general is terrible," He piped up. "I mean, have you met Lex, Rex, and Bex?"

"Well that's just your siblings," Biana said, rolling her eyes. "But, I'm kind of glad I don't have a twin. Just imagine if there were two of me."

"Yeah, that'd be very unfortunate," Tam said.

Biana gasped at Tam. "Tam, how could you say that?"

Tam shook his head. "No, no, I meant that it'd be unfortunate because then you'd look exactly the same and I'd have to choose between two really pretty people."

"Aw, that's so sweet," Maruca said at the same time Dex said, "That's disgusting."

§§§

"Welcome back to another terrible day in study hall," Tam mumbled as he, Sophie, Linh, and Jensi walked in from drama class. "Where we learn how to never talk."