FIFTEEN

"Okay, now that we're in different groups," Dex said, as they walked through the store. "This is going to be difficult."

It was Christmas Eve and Sophie, Dex, Alvar, and Jensi were just now doing their shopping for Secret Santa.

"Not really," Alvar said, scanning the aisles. "We just have to buy the right gifts for the right people."

"Exactly," Sophie said with a nod. "This is what we'll do: We'll each pick a gift that we think each person likes, reconvene in the frozen food aisle, and then decide which gift is the best for what person."

They all agreed and then went off to go find gifts.

The first-person Sophie decided to look for was Biana because she'd be super easy to get a gift for.

She went straight to the make-up aisle, but then thought better of it since she'd gotten a giant make-up kit last year. Instead, she walked over to where the clothes were at and looked for an outfit.

After searching for a few minutes, she found a pair of teal, silk pajamas with a fluffy, white robe. Sophie didn't know why, but when she saw it, she thought of Biana.

Sophie then went on a hunt for all her other friends' gifts.

She got Maruca tons of hair accessories, she got Tam a deck of cards, and she got Linh a giant, fluffy blanket.

"I think I did good," She muttered to herself as she looked down at her cart of gifts. "Now, off to the Frozen Foods."

§§§

"We should rewrite the 12 days of Christmas," Biana said when they'd all met at the Dizznee's house (because of the Christmas sleepover) after buying and wrapping gifts. "It'll be fun,"

"This year is exactly like last Christmas," Sophie groaned. "Keefe isn't going to be here,"

"That's totally off-topic," Biana said, crossing her arms over her chest. "And besides, we sent gifts to his dorm four weeks ago."

"I know," Sophie sighed. "But he's going to be so lonely."

"And that's why I agree with Biana and say we should make our own version of the 12 Days of Christmas," Alvar said with a nod. "It'll take our mind off of all the sadness and stuff."

Sophie really wanted to strangle Alvar so he could never say anything optimistic again.

"Fine," Sophie said, giving in. "Who's going to start it?"

"I will!" Biana said with a grin before starting to sing: "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a mansion with a lifetime guarantee."

Everyone laughed before Biana nodded to Dex, "Your turn,"

"Oh," Dex face got red. "Uh...on the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 2 years of hugs, and a mansion with a lifetime guarantee."

"That's a good one," Linh said as Dex told her, "It's your turn,"

"Well," Linh started. "One the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 3 puppy dogs, 2 years of hugs, and a mansion with a lifetime guarantee."

"My turn!" Jensi said with a grin. "On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 4 packs of candy, 3 puppy dogs, 2 years of hugs, and a mansion with a lifetime guarantee." He nudged Tam next.

"Uh...well..." Tam's face became even redder than Dex's. "On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 5 new book series'!" He paused, chuckling. "4 packs of candy, 3 puppy dogs, 2 years of hugs, and a mansion with a lifetime guarantee."