The Uprising

For her, hearing about the Usurper's death was like her soul had been awakened. This was her chance to sit back in her rightful place, take the Iron Throne that was hers by blood. And so immersed she was in her own world, that she couldn't listen or pay attention to Robb's reaction.

The rightful king according to many was Robert Baratheon's son, Joffrey, but he was still too young for such title. Maester Luwin suggested that, if the King had been smart – which wasn't a trait he was known for – then he would have made Eddard Stark Regent and Protector of the Realm until Joffey reached his sixteenth nameday.

Good, Dany thought. That gave her plenty of time to prepare so she could make it to King's Landing. Meanwhile, she knew that if Eddard had raised a boy like Robb, he would be a good Regent. She only really cared about conceiving a plan and also gathering an army until she had to face the Lannisters and Baratheons, and all of their men.

"He should send a letter soon," Maester Luwin said to Robb. The young Lord just nodded. "Your father is a very measured and intelligent man, my Lord. He'll make sure we are aware of his plans."

After that, the old maester left their chambers as silently as he could.

Robb was sat on the bed, brows furrowed and confusion marred his handsome features. She smoothed a hand down his back, kneeling next to him.

"Does this mean I will be Lord of Winterfell?" he muttered to no one.

Just a few days before, he had killed three men defending Bran. The guilt he felt was so overpowering, she thought mercy was his only flaw. To be a true ruler, you needed to remember those who had been murdered by your sword and also the reasons behind it to see them as just kills.

Luckily for him, he understood fast. Though, he has still kept that woman of the Free Folk as a servant.

"This means the reign of the Usurper is over," she spoke in a soft voice while playing with his hair. "This means your father can give me back the Seven Kingdoms." She let herself smile at the thought. She was so close to put her hands in something her brother had longed for since childhood. Her happines lived shortly though.

Robb's glare fell upon her as if the weight of a hundred stones had fallen upon her shoulders. "Do you solely care about your plans? Have you even thought about what this means for my family? Have you thought of what other houses might do now that Robert Baratheon has died? They swore loyalty to him. Not my father or anyone else."

He got out of be as quick as he could, leaving her alone and astonished.

Surely she had proved him she was more than that. Had she not? The North and its people was a seed slowly taking roots inside her, just like dothrakis once had done. And more importantly, he was part of her life.

"Robb?"

"I need to busy myself. There are many of my duties I've been disregarding lately," he explained in a cold voice as he dressed himself. The sound of the leather of his clothes cracked through the air.

It was strange because this, his words and his sudden cold demeanor, made her feel ashamed. She had never felt the need of covering her body but she did then, as if he had told her she repulsed him.

She didn't know what to say to make sure all the progress they had made hadn't been lost. Looking at him with wide eyes, hoping that as usual he could make a promise that his anger would fade. He would go back to her to hold her under the furs, to bury his nose in her hair and sip gently from her lips while they pleased each other.

He did nothing of those sorts.

And when he shut the door behind him, her heart clenched painfully and her stomach dropped. She didn't want to lose him over her lust for power because he represented family, the only thing she wanted as much as the throne – those things she hadn't had.