Yesterday & Tomorrow

His leg was feeling better. He no longer needed a cane and was sure that soon he would see himself in the battlefield again. Honestly, Robb had little patience with his own body. There was an imperious need in him to hurry, to get into battle and put an end to war soon. Maybe it was all to return home quickly.

Just the day before, news arrived that Tywin had become the new Hand. That meant he was confident that the King in the North was not the biggest enemy he faced, but that Stannis was rising with more strength than anyone thought.

He had heard everything there was to know about the failed attack to King's Landing and the new betrothal of Joffrey to Margaery Tyrell, after his own sister had escaped such horrible prospect. The only problem this represented for Robb was the knowledge that the two richest families of the Seven Kingdoms were now about to be united, and that only meant trouble.

He had to prepare for a new war, and he needed an ally that had a large fleet that could help him face Stannis or the ironborn.

"Your Grace," one of the guards interrupted his musing by opening the doors of his chambers without so much of a warning. This earned the poor and flushed man a glare. "I, I apologize, Your Grace. A dragon was seen flying above the camp."

Robb's eyes widened but soon he scowled and cursed under his breath. That damn woman couldn't follow an order, even if it meant another quarrel between them. Unluckily for him, his heart betrayed him by beating faster, longing for her like always.

Making a quick way out of the castle, Robb was soon outside, watching a much larger version of Drogon flying above them, like the frightening creature he was. By the way the beast moved, he knew she wasn't far away.

"Bring my horse," he ordered.

"Your Grace," a man warned, reminded him unnecessarily that he was still injured, still not as fast as he usually was.

"My horse," he replied with a voice made of ice.

As soon as he was on the back of his horse, he sped through the forest, not caring about the pain on his leg. He knew he could find her before she made her way to him, before she even saw it coming. Who did she think he was? Did she take him for a fool?

He slowed his pace as he hid behind the trees, soon seeing a party of four horses, and Drogon up in the sky. It was obvious that two of her companions were Dacey and the Kingslayer, he still had trouble understanding her trust in the Lannister but Robb knew quite well that as soon as Dany saw her trust misplaced, the Lion would end up burned to ashes.

Dacey as always seemed attentive to everything. She was the one whose brow furrowed first, sensing him behind the trees.

Irri in her own horse kept herself close to her queen, always the most loyal of her handmaidens and following Dany with her crazy plans.

What surprised him was the small boy sat behind Dany, holding his arms around her as they talked animatedly. As he looked closer, with more detail, Robb distinguished one fat boy who trudged behind, next to a young man about his age with broad shoulders and eyes that reminded him of a storm.

"Are we close?" Robb heard Dany's companion speak and his eyes widened. He recognized the voice almost instantly, always curious as he remembered, always fearless like he wanted to be.

About to spur his horse to let himself be seen, Robb suddenly felt the prickle of something cold and metallic against the back of his neck. His back stiffened, knowing quite well that a blade was threatening to cut his neck.

"Do not move," a terse voice said, laced with a quality that exuded experience and control.

"Are you going to be a coward and kill me without facing me?" Robb's words were filled with calm, even if he wanted nothing more than to unsheathe his sword and engage in a fight rather than stay put.