Winter Princess

A small girl. Fragile, yet surprisingly resilient. Robb couldn't take his eyes off the little babe latched to Dany's breast, wrapped in grey furs, looking as pale as her mother. Her head was almost free of hair, and he wondered if maybe she would look like Iagan and that was why she looked bald.

Grey Wind was resting at the side of the bed, keeping a watchful eye on the little princess that had been born – the one he brought back to life, like Dany told him.

"You'll hold her," Dany whispered as their daughter was finally satiated and soon dove into peaceful slumber. "I do believe she'll be your favorite."

"I love all my children the same," Robb replied with slight surprise. "Blood of my blood, and birthed by the woman I love."

Dany smiled, but her face and body looked tired after such a long night. It had been difficult for her, and the stress of almost losing a child brought back bad memories she was glad not to relive. She cried, and Robb held her as she hugged the babe to her chest, keeping her safe and warm in her arms.

"I know, but she'll be your favorite because she'll be more like you." Her words were so certain, as if she knew the future, as if she could read in his mind all the plans he had for his daughter, all the things he'd teach her and the games they would play. He knew that it wasn't just about her being more like him, but he felt she needed him to protect her more than Iagan did. It was not because she was a girl. Rhyane looked like a wild child, much like Arya was and that scared him. Perhaps that same quality would lead her to danger.

Dany soon placed the newborn in his arms. She was soft and warm. So small in his hands, but a princess who looked at him barely opening her eyes. Grey like the ones he used to look at when he was a boy. Her eyes were like his father's.

Robb took his daughter and placed her on his chest.

Rhyane was worth war and more. She was one of the best reasons he had to sacrifice his wish to stay in the North and live a life away from all the troubles that came with being a king. His family deserved the effort.

"I dreamt of her," Robb muttered as he carefully dragged the back of his finger against the plump cheek of his sleeping daughter. "But dreams could never be as good as to have her in my arms safe."

Dany leaned against his side, content and relaxed. Life seemed too good for them now – too much for a couple of kids who had grown during war, who had gotten married without knowing one another and had turned into adults to bring children into the world while fighting for their families, birth right and freedom.

"I never thought I'd be given the chance again to have a child. I'm only grateful," Dany whispered before looking at him with soft eyes, too emotional for the woman who had ridden dragons and killed a powerful witch. But Robb knew the strength mothers had, and the power they possessed to protect their children.

"You know there's many people who want to meet this beautiful babe, including a tiny boy who I'm sure will love her and protect her as much as we will."

Daenerys smiled at him. "Bring Iagan and let him meet his sister. Then you can take her and boast about our daughter."

-o-

"The most beautiful in the Seven Kingdoms and beyond the Narrow Sea," Sansa said as she carefully cradled the baby in her arms. "She'll be a lady."

"A warrior princess!" Arya interrupted. "She has it in her blood. And if you deny it, then you'll suffer as much as you suffer watching me grow. Mother can join you, as well. Dany and I will teach her to use a sword and fight."

Robb smiled at his youngest sister. Arya was right, which had been his concern for a while now. He didn't care for having a proper lady as a daughter, and he would much rather share time with Rhyane playing and teaching her how to ride.