B O O K 1: FIRST YEAR.

"A lightning bolt scar from he who shall not be named it
...
The boy who cheated death with love
that stays embedded in his blood"

                                     ~Ella Martine, The Boy Who Lived.

Better check her YouTube video, her songs are perfect.

Chapter 1 to 5: The Boy Who Lived

                   Walking down Knockturn Alley became a habit, not only the dark wizards lived here and owned this Alley, not a lot of people came here.
My name's Angelina Ivy Riddle, I work in a small restaurant so I can pay for my rent, I never thought about joining school.

I have a cat, a black cat with striking yellow eyes. I only remember growing up with her, with her being by my side ever since I was a child, her name's Eva, close to my middle name.
The reason I lived in Knockturn Alley was because I ran away from my orphanage.

Hours passed and I finally arrived at a room I rented, my shift was over for the day, I opened the door to my room and was greeted by Eva laying on a worn and dirty mattress, the windows were closed and my backpack was on the fragile desk.
She ran to me and purred as I touched her.

"Hello Eva" I smiled.

Tired from my shift, I laid on the mattress my vision facing up the ceiling. I sighed.
"What do you think my dad is planning Eva?"
She hissed, as much as we both hated my dad, I always thought of them.
"Oh, and have you heard ?" I added, she turned her head questionably.
" The boy who lived is joining Hogwarts this year, and his name is harry, Harry Potter."

His name on my tongue felt light, but I knew how much it would weight in the future.

"Do you think I'll meet him someday Eva?"

she meowed, letting me know that "Maybe I will."

I exhaled, and sat up, "We have to buy food, do you wanna come?" I asked her, he instantly jumped on me, as I easily caught her.

I grabbed a few coins and my bag, then left.

It was late, maybe after midnight, but the stores were open.

I looked around, for maybe a small shop to find food. Eva jumped off of me, playing around and chasing the rats.

I stopped, when I noticed a shop, it's a antique store.

Most Antiques in Knockturn Alley are dark magic items, rare and hard to find, and especially hard to afford.I walked closer to the glass, my hand slowly grazed over it. My focus was on a painting, a painting of a dragon.

My focus was cut short when I felt a sensation of magic, a powerful one.

"Dumbledore." I said, in the quiet night, "I know you're here."

He slowly came out from his hiding, span impressed look on his face.

I stepped away from the store, Eva walked closer to me, both of us standing opposite to Dumbledore.

"How May I help you?" I asked.

"A letter was sent to all 11 years old" He started, "Except for you."

I frowned, "So?"

"So I'm here to personally ask you Ange-"

"Ivy, my name's Ivy." He nodded and continued, "Ivy, to join my school."

I chuckled a little.

He looked at me, all of a sudden he tried using the Legitimacy Spell but I pushed him off easily.
"So you know who I am" I stated, "Or more like had doubts."
"Indeed" He nodded.
"And you still chose me to join your school?"

"I know that we are never able to choose our parents, and I know that I should not blame you for what your parents did, or who they are, I asked you, Angelina Ivy, to join me, at my school"

I looked down on Eva, an uncertain demeanor decorating her body.

But she meowed, a look of determination on her face, so I spoke,

"I accept"

Days passed, and by the help of Dumbledore's money, I was able to furnish every ingredient, books and clothes I needed from Diagon alley, it was a handful since I never visited that place since a long time.

I never needed to buy a wand because ever since I was a child, the wand that I have, was next to me when I was a toddler, the orphanage, thinking it was my last gift from my mother, allowed me to keep it, Eva was able to hide her self on the outside of the orphanage and keep eyes on me, in a way, she was family, and a nanny for me.

I entered Oliver's wand shop.
I saw a giant man with a child next to him talking a man.
The old man looked at me.

« How can I help you child ? »

"I need to get my wand polished please."
He nodded.
Then I looked at the boy next to him.
Brown hair, greenish eyes and a scar on his forehead.
« Harry Potter » He handed his hand out, I looked at it, then look back at his face, he cleared his throat, dropping his hand.
« Pleasure to meet you » I said cutting out the awkwardness, "You are...?"
"Ivy Snape."
Both of the men looked at me shocked, The giant man asked, "Related to Severus Snape?"
"He's a distant uncle of mine."
Hagrid nodded, hesitantly.
I gave Ollivander my wand.
He turned to Harry « Harry, try these wands while I polish Miss Angelina's wand»
"Ivy"
He started working on it, I then started watching Potter, every wand he touched wasn't preferable for him.
« Holly, Phoenix feather»
The three of them turned towards me, «Excuse me?» Harry asked
Oliver was finished with my wand, I put coins out for him, I looked him in the eyes and said «Holly wood, with a Phoenix feather core, that would suit Harry as a wand»
And with that I left a shocked trio back, and headed to Knockturn Alley.

Only a week left, until Hogwarts begins.