T.M.

The beginning of February, Hermione was finally taken out of the hospital wing.
As for Ivy, she has been staying up all nights studying and keeping up with her late work.
And having extra classes didn't help.
Albus had signed her up with higher level classes, private ones.
Thankfully in her case, it was easy to cast any spell and learn anything, but it's the paper work she hated the most.
She was smart, for sure, but since she grew up not knowing how to write, she's a slow writer, and that could cause her trouble sometimes, so she uses magic most of the time.
The Orphanage wasn't much of help, the only thing they would fo then is make them food and clean their clothes, other than that, you're on your own.

I was walking, with Eva, by the golden trio when I heard their conversation, so I hid hurriedly.

(Imagine they're in a small group in the hallway whispering and not in the Gryffindor tower.)

"Oh, Ron, wake up," snapped Hermione. "We know the person who opened the Chamber last time was expelled fifty years ago. We know T. M. Riddle-" I opened my eyes shocked and looked at Eva.
"- got an award for special services to the school fifty years ago. Well, what if Riddle got his special award for catching the Heir of Slytherin? His diary would probably tell us everything - where the Chamber is, and how to open it, and what sort of creature lives in it - the person who's behind the attacks this time wouldn't want that lying around, would they?"
"That's a brilliant theory, Hermione," said Ron, "with just one tiny little flaw. There's nothing written in his diary."
But Hermione was pulling her wand out of her bag.
"It might be invisible ink!" she whispered.
She tapped the diary three times and said, "Aparecium!"
Nothing happened. Undaunted, Hermione shoved her hand back into her bag and pulled out what appeared to be a bright red eraser.
"It's a Revealer, I got it in Diagon Alley," she said. She rubbed hard on January first. Nothing happened.
"I'm telling you, there's nothing to find in there," said Ron. "Riddle just got a diary for Christmas and couldn't be bothered filling it in."

Ivy looked at Harry, who seemed deep in thoughts.
She knew he wasn't going to give that book up.
Eva hissed.
And that caught the golden Trio's attention.
Before she knew it, both Her and Eva bolted away from the hallways.

Ivy finally relaxed catching her breath once she made it to the dungeons.
"Are you serious Eva? Why did you hiss?" I asked her, entering the Slytherin House.
I dropped on the couch, barely caring about the looks I was getting.
She jumped on the table, putting herself on the book, then jumping off of it.

"What?" I did a double take.
She did it again, but this time, she didn't land softly on her back, she landed on her back, and acted as if she was passed out.

"The book" I said, finally realizing it, "The book that they have, was the same that was in McGonagall's office?"

She nodded hurriedly.

I put my hands on my face, "But that doesn't explain why you hissed Eva, if we got caught? They would start doubting-"

"Talking to your cat, are you?" I exhaled, I knew that voice all too well.

"Malfoy" I said, as Eva jumped on my lap.

"Ivy" he said back.

He then sat, on the couch opposite to me.
He kept looking at me.
I gave him a glare.

"Come on Draco, if you have something to say, please do" I said, waving my hand as "go ahead"

He sat up straight, "I want to explain"

I raised my brow, "took you the whole summer, and half of the school year, so you can explain now, Malfoy?" I spat.

He cowered a bit, I realized what I did and sat back.
I knew Draco was verbally abused by his father.

"Go on then, let's see what you've got" I exhaled.

"Father never lets me send letters back, he would read what you sent to me out loud, he suspected you were a Muggle-born, but he refused to believe me"

"What's the change of heart?" I asked.

"There's no change of heart, I just couldn't lose you" He said truthfully, he continued.

"I...want back what we had" he said, leaning a bit, "I want our friendship, what we had, but I... need to keep it safe from father"

I stopped looking at him, and looked at Eva.
She was slowly climbing up his lap.
His freaking lap.
Talk about her cheating on me.
I rolled my eyes at her attitude.

He chuckled, seeing Eva climb.
I missed that.
His smile.
His relationship with Eva.

But I cannot trust him like before.
If he's still scared of his father,
Then in trouble, he'll drop me easily.

I got up from my chair, catching their attention.
"Eva", she hurriedly got off of him, and jumped on my open arms.

"If you want us back, then act like it" I said gasping, "But all you did is stay away from me." I smiled sarcastically.

"I'm only a student partner to you here in Hogwarts, I will no longer be sending you letters, you don't get the same me twice Draco"

He smiled sadly a bit, "At least I got you to call me Draco again" He whispered.
But I heard it clearly.

I left him, going back to my room.
I put Eva down, then heard a knock.

I opened it with force, "That doesn't-"

I stopped talking when I saw it was Alexander.
He looked at me weirdly.

"Alex?" I asked.
"Hello Stranger" He said walking inside my room.

"I'm weird out by how you're a Hufflepuff but they still let you in" I said, actually amazed.

"They love me here, I do teach them some pranks after all" He said chuckling, then he started scratching his neck, "And, um, I kinda became friends with Draco"

I rolled my eyes, "And let me guess?" I said jumping on my bed, then patting the place next to me, "You heard our conversation?"

He nodded, "Draco may seem cold hearted or hostile, but I swear he wants you back" He said.

"Alex, I want it as much as he want it back, but hiding it won't help, I know... he's loyal to his father, I cannot risk being his friend if he's going to get hurt because of me" I said.

He looked at me, "You think his father did something so he won't speak to you again?" He asked sounding shocked.

"Think? I'm pretty much sure, yeah Draco can be loyal to his father, but he's a Slytherin for Merlin's sake, he's supposed to be cunning, I think, that he's more than loyal, he's... he's scared and alone"

Alex nodded understandably.
"Is that how you felt?" He asked, "Back in the Orphanage?"
I shook my head, "I wasn't scared, I knew I had magic among weak humans, but I was lonely, sometimes, but that didn't stop me from giving you a magic book, nor from saving your arse from all the trouble" I said winking at him.

He groaned, I laughed.

"That was a one time thing!" He said, trying to save himself.

"Please! Ivy help me!" I said mimicking his voice.

"I thought it was a snake!"

"It's hanging onto my feet! It's so heavy" I laughed harder, tears brimming my eyes, "It was a tree branch Alex! A none moving subject! And you were crying for your life!"

He started laughing too, we kept laughing, remembering all the all memories.

It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures, unsure of what it could hold, yet one thing for sure, it's only a matter of time where I will see my father.

Before I knew it, Alex had fallen asleep on my bed, I got up, fixing him and taking off his shoes, I put him under the covers.
Thankfully, he's a heavy sleeper, but to my dismay, I couldn't kick him out.
I got a book, that caught my attention, "The seven sins", and went back to the deserted living room.