The DeathDay Party.

October finally arrived, weather came in stronger, thankfully I made warming drinks for me, I was taking care of Charlton too, making sure he dressed correctly.
True to my words, Alexander and Charlton have met, and they immediately clicked, I'm starting to feel like a third wheeler.
I've been on top of my classes as usual, and Hermione seemed to finally accept it, which shocked both houses.
Charlton proved to be smart as well, for a Slytherin, he sure had the timidness of a Hufflepuff and greed for information of a Ravenclaw.
Finally, Draco, he backed off.
Whether maybe it was the training for Quidditch that took his time, or someone knocked some senses in his hand, he finally stopped acting like a child, knocking into me or dropping my books.
Olivia and I started hanging out more, from hanging out in the library to having slumber nights together.
I realized her family was much like the Malfoy's, but not too keen on keeping her in check, they let her roam freely as long as she's loyal to her family.
Lastly, the bests that used to happen in our house, betting who I will end up with, are now suddenly in all the houses.
I didn't know of it until a Gryffindor third year asked about my interest in Harry.
I immediately knew, the bets were getting out of hands.

Today was Halloween day, unfortunately, I had missed half of the feast as I had been too immersed in my books.
As I was walking to what's left of the feast
I saw the golden trio hurrying in front of me.
Them smiled at me once they saw me.
"Missed the feast I see" I said.
"Pudding might not be finished yet" Ron said, wanting walk into the Grand Hall.

"...rip... tear... kill..."
I heard whisper in the dark, I turned my head a bit.

Harry suddenly stumbled to a halt, clutching at the stone wall, listening with all his might, looking around, squinting up and down the dimly lit passageway.

"Harry, what're you-?"

"It's that voice again-shut up a minute-"

"...soo hungry... for so long..."

"Listen!" said Harry urgently, and Ron and Hermione froze, watching him, I was amazed that he could hear him too.

"...kill... time to kill..."

"This way," he shouted, and he began to run, up the stairs, into the entrance hall. It was no good hoping to hear anything here, the babble of talk from the Halloween feast was echoing out of the Great Hall. Harry sprinted up the marble staircase to the first floor, Ron and Hermione clattering behind him.
Angelina stood back, she knew the golden trio would get in trouble, she didn't want to risk it as well.
And so, she walked to the Grand Hall, thinking about what could they find.

As I was there, the feast ended, which meant prefects had to take us back to our houses.
I stood firstly following behind our prefect, the chatter, the bustle, the noise all loudly echoing down the hallways, but they soon died suddenly as the people in front, me as well spotted the hanging cat. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood alone, in the middle of the corridor, as silence fell among the mass of students pressing forward to see the grisly sight.

Then someone shouted through the quiet.

Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!"

It was Draco Malfoy. He had pushed to the front of the crowd, his cold eyes alive, his usually bloodless face flushed, as he grinned at the sight of the hanging, immobile cat.
I exhaled.
Oh boy, here comes trouble, as Argus Filch came strutting.

"What's going on here? What's going on?"

he saw Mrs. Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked.

And his popping eyes fell on Harry.

"You!" he screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll-"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Ron, and Hermione and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket.

"Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger."

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"My office is nearest, Headmaster-just upstairs-please feel free-"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore.

The silent crowd parted to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore; so did Professors McGonagall and Snape.
Prefects ushers the student back to their houses, but I loomed in the dark waiting for everyone to leave.
Once I was sure it was empty, I walked out and looked up the wall, reading the bloody writing.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HAIR, BEWARE.

Last time the chamber of secret was opened, someone died, I thought, suddenly aware thet Eva was next to me.

I looked down on her.
"Is she dead?" I asked her about the cat.
Eva shook her head, her eyes glistening, then looked at me deeply.

I looked back up at the cat, "So she's petrified" I whispered.

Then my eyes opened widely realizing it.

"The Basilisk petrified her"