Tight Knit

"You're clear whenever you're ready."

"Copy that," you murmured as you pressed your fingertips up against the small earpiece that you were using to talk to Mikey. You crouched in the back of a black van next to Gerard and Frank as it was parked outside in an alleyway next to a large office building. You motioned to Gerard that you were clear to enter the building since Mikey was keeping an eye on it. Ray had driven the van there.

"Let's rock and roll," Gerard replied as he opened the back door of the van and hopped out, his black trench coat swaying down to knee level as he strode toward the side door of the office building.

Frank pushed past you to get to the door, passing you a warning glare before nodding to Gerard.

"Let's fuck this guy up," he muttered, placing his hand on his belt, a knife holster resting against the outside of his thigh above his black pants.

Usually, you would flinch at such harsh words, but the guy, whose name was Paul Miller, kind of deserved it. He had been embezzling money to help fund the Sykes family, and more money was the last thing that needed to be put in Oli Sykes' hands. You followed them into the building quietly, venturing up the staircase toward the top floor.

"Heading to the top floor now," you spoke quietly into the mic of your earpiece, giving Mikey an update. You adjusted the collar of your black jacket, a bulletproof vest on your body underneath it. Frank had scoffed at you for wearing it, but it was just a precaution. There was no telling what could happen tonight.

"Coast is clear," Mikey reported back.

"We're still clear," you whispered to Gerard and Frank, who nodded in response. You placed your hand on the handle of your pistol attached to your belt, your thumb resting on the safety as you moved up each step. You were told to just observe this time around, but you were ready just in case things went south.

Gerard stopped at a door at the top of the stairs, his finger pressing to his lips as he slowly opened the door. He stepped onto the top floor, holding the door open so that you and Frank could slip through. He closed the door quietly before leading the two of you down the hallway, his eyes flickering between the offices on both sides. He suddenly held his hand up, signaling for you and Frank to stop walking.

"In here," Gerard whispered, pointing to the office up ahead. He remained on one side of its door, while Frank moved to stand on the other side. Once you pressed yourself against the wall next to Gerard, he counted off to Frank before kicking the door open.

Frank stormed inside, startling a middle-aged, bald man sitting at his desk inside of his office. He reached across the desk, gripping the front of Paul's white button down before dragging him to the ground.

"Come here, asshole," Frank growled out as he yanked Paul across the carpeted floor before pushing him down at his feet.

You stood off to the side, watching Frank bat the guy around like a toy. A part of you automatically prompted you to help the man, but you held yourself back, remembering why you were here in the first place. You actually wanted to help this city, which meant eradicating the actual bad guys.

"Paul Miller ... you have sent more than $100,000 to Oliver Sykes. What are we going to do with you?" Gerard sighed as he crouched down next to Paul, who was trapped against the floor by Frank's black boot against the back of his neck.

"You think you punks will get away with this? You have another thing coming," Paul spat at Gerard, gritting his teeth angrily.

"Oh, we will. We're going to send a very clear message to the Sykes family using you," Frank growled out, pressing his foot down harder against the back of Paul's neck.