Chapter 2

As Henley and Nevaeh got settled into their room, they got to know more about each other. Henley did most of the talking; Nevaeh was okay with that because she was a great listener. Nevaeh found out that Henley had a younger brother named Beckett and a younger sister named Malea. Henley's parents have been divorced since she was seven. Another thing Nevaeh found out about Henley is that she just got out of a relationship with a guy named Axel. They were together for about a year and a half before she caught him cheating on her with her best friend. Then Henley had met Ryder, and they became friends.

Nevaeh knew a lot about how she was feeling, but of course, she never said anything to Henley about it. Nevaeh thought it would be strange to tell Henley her secrets after just an hour of knowing her.

After Nevaeh, Henley, Rosen, Ryder, and Harrison were finished unpacking and settling in, they went their separate ways. It has been three years since Henley and Ryder last talked, so they went out to dinner, as friends, to catch up. Harrison and Rosen went and walked around the campus to find something to do. And Nevaeh, well, Nevaeh was always in the library when she needed to get her mind off of things. Reading was her way of escaping from reality. When she reads, there are no worries in the world; there are no problems in her life; everything is just perfect when she is reading.

As Nevaeh turns the corner to go into the library, she bumps into a wall. Then, she hears a deep chuckle and realizes it was not a wall she ran into, but a person. She gets herself together and says, "I am so sorry, I did not see you. I am sorry." She wasn't really sorry but needed to convince the guy she was.

"Are you following me?" the familiar male voice asks in a joking way.

Nevaeh looks up and sees Rosen. She rolls her eyes, "Yes, because I have nothing better to do" She sarcastically remarks. Rosen just lets out a deep chuckle that makes Nevaehs heart flutter. What is going on with me? What was that? Nevaeh asks mentally. She cringes at the thought of her liking Rosen and quickly dismisses the idea.