Chapter 8

Nevaeh could hear Rosen calling them, so she tried to yell out for them. But she could not, there was a hand covering her mouth. C was there holding her. However, Henley was over in her cell and could yell out. And she did. That caught Rosen and the gang's attention but as well as C's.

Nevaeh quickly did what she could to hurt or distract C. All she could come up with was biting his hand that was over her mouth, then screaming for help.

After she bit him and screamed, Rosen was in front of her in less than two seconds. Nevaeh looked over at Henley and saw that Ryder was with her, comforting and holding her as she sobbed in his arms.

Nevaeh was not upset or scared. She did not feel the need to cry. Rosen knocked C out and called the police.

In five minutes flat, everyone was in their vans and cars, leaving and heading back home. While the gang went back to their home, Rosen, Ryder, Harrison, Nevaeh, and Henley went back to their dorm.

Nevaeh knew what was coming.

When they got into the dorm, everyone immediately looked at Nevaeh. First, Henley wants to know why Nevaeh was not scared nor cried. And second, Rosen wants to know why and how Nevaeh knew this Chris guy.

She sighed but started to explain, "when I was three years old, my father was in a car accident that had killed him. There was a drunk driver that hit my father head-on, and both drivers died on impact." She looked up for a minute, with glossy eyes, to see everyone looking at her, telling her to continue. "I had eighteen older brothers and a twin sister. From oldest to youngest, there was Gavin, Sebastien, Luca, Marc, James, Johnny, Michael, Harlem, Adrian, Connor, Sam, Jason, Kyler, Henry, Scott, Derek, Liam, Reece, Nylah, and myself. Nylah and Gavin were my favorites." Nevaeh smiles as she thinks about all of the memories she had with her brothers and sister. "Nylah was my favorite because she was my twin; we were practically the same person. The only difference between us was that Nylah had brown eyes and I have blue. Gavin was my favorite because he was the oldest; after our dad died, he stepped in as a parent.

"After my dad's death, my mom needed to blame the pain she felt on someone, so, me being the youngest, was her victim." Nevaeh looks up but this time avoiding everyone's eyes. "She would always be drunk twenty-four seven. She would hit me and beat me like crazy. It got to the point where the hospital was my second home. From the time she started abusing me to the time she stopped, I had been emitted to the hospital over two hundred times. The abuse only lasted nine years.

She continued, "When I was twelve the police had found out. They arrested her and she has been in jail ever since. But after she was arrested, I was out one day on a walk. I was at this playground and I had seen a boy my age. He was sitting all alone on the swings so I decided to talk to him. I found out a lot about him and we became the best of friends. We met when we were twelve but started dating when we were fourteen. About six months into the relationship, I caught him cheating on me. I was so upset and heartbroken. I had known this boy for over two years and never thought he would cheat on me. But if I had known what was to come, I would have wished him to cheat on me a thousand more times." everyone looks at her confused and intrigued; they do not understand how she could go through this stuff and still be here. On the other hand, they want her to keep going so they can learn more about her. "About a month after he cheated, I came home from school one day, and everyone except Nylah was gone. I asked her where everyone went, but then I looked at her face properly and saw that she was crying. She handed me a note that said something along the lines of, "This is the last thing I wanted to do, believe me, but I knew hurting you like this was going to be fun." Nevaeh went on with her story, "And it had an address too, it was, 1874 Greene Street. The same house Henley and I were taken to.

"When I arrived at the house, I expected it was just him wanting to talk to me, or him purposely hurting me more by kissing another girl in front of me. But no, this was much, much worse.

"He opened the door and led me to the basement. That is when I saw all eighteen of my brothers in the basement. They were tied up and could not move or talk. That is when I looked back at Chris and saw him holding a gas can and a lighter. He took the duct tape off of their mouths but kept them tied to their chairs.

"That night, I heard my brothers screaming and crying for me to help as I watched them burn alive. I just stood there, doing nothing, because I did not know what to do. I did not know how to help them. And I felt so helpless and I beat myself up for it every day." She looks up again, to see Rosen staring at her with fury in his eyes. He was not furious at her, but at Chris and what he put her through.

"If you guys think this was bad, let me continue..."

TO BE CONTINUED...