Chapter 10

After Rosen had finished his story, the only thing running through his mind was the sick jerk that hurt Nevaeh. He wondered how anyone could have ever hurt someone like her. Someone so perfect and beautiful, so lively, and for the most part, happy.

He had to leave the dorm because his anger was starting to get the best of him. He wanted to hit something or someone. And he knew where to go.

Before he knew it, he was standing outside of an underground fighting club. He has been here before, for the same reasons, and he never lost.

~~~

Nevaeh heard someone in the living room sneaking around. She looked at the clock on the table and realized it was only eleven-thirty. She got up slowly and quietly, so she did not wake Henley up.

When she got to the living room, she saw Rosen's back as he had just slipped out the front door.

She decided to follow him after her curiosity got the best of her. Nevaeh followed him in her car for what seemed to be hours, but when she looked at the time it was only twelve o' five.

Where are we? She thought to herself. Finally, she looked around and saw a sign that said, Sam's Bar and Fight Club. She scrunched up her face in confusion and followed as Rosen went inside the building. She had a bad feeling about this place.

~~~

Rosen could feel a pair of eyes on him. He looked around and saw that many people were looking at him but still could not find the person who was staring at him. He finally looked harder and saw that Nevaeh was in the corner. And she did not look scared. He knows why, but that does not mean she should have to hide it. Shaking his head to get her out of his mind, he walked up to the bar where he told the guy he was going to be fighting. The guy asked what his name was, and he responded with the name "Hammer". He chose this name because, with just one pinch, he could hammer someone into the ground so hard, almost all of their ribs will be broken.

As Rosen got into the ring, Nevaeh silently prayed, asking God not to let Rosen get hurt. She did not know if he was any good but hoped for the best.

~~~

As the fight went on, Hammer and the other guy, Jigsaw, were on the third and final round. Hammer had one the first two rounds which left a very angry Jigsaw.

Nevaeh saw Rosen, or Hammer, take a blow to the head but watched as he recovered quickly.

After hitting each other a few more times, Hammer finally won. Nevaeh let out a breath of relief she did not realize she was holding. 

Rosen had gotten out of the ring and walked right over to Nevaeh. "That was really cool! I have never seen anyone fight like that before!" Nevaeh exclaimed with an excited look on her face.

Rosen looked back at her with a confused one. "I thought you were used to being in fights and having others fight?" Rosen asked her. "Well, I am. But not like this. I have never been to a place where people willingly fight someone else. Whether money is involved or not."

He nodded his head in understanding, then walked back over to the guy where he signed in at. The guy looked at him, nodded, then walked away. A few seconds later, the guy walks back out again, and hands Rosen his two grand in cash.