Chapter 13

When Nevaeh woke up, all she saw was a white ceiling, white walls, and the white bed that she was lying in. 

She heard a beeping noise to her left and looked over and saw the monitor she was hooked up to.

A few minutes later a doctor came in; his name tag said, Dr. R. Jameson. When he came in, he asked Nevaeh a few questions. Where are you from? How do you feel? What happened? And more questions that she really could not be bothered to answer.

After a few more questions and the doctor left, her siblings came in. They all started talking at once apologizing profusely. None of them stopped to listen to one person at a time, so Nevaeh cut in.

"Hey, hey, HEY!!!" She yelled, which caught their attention. "Just stop it. Okay, I forgive you. But this is madness. You guys cannot lie to me and expect me to forgive you immediately. Everything takes some time. So please, let me rest before I have to deal with you guys again. I mean, seriously, I am the most mature and adult-like sibling in this room." She jokingly remarked with a wink.

Everyone busted out laughing and all shook their heads. "No, Gavin is." a few of them said. It made sense though, he was the one who had raised them for many years.

They all had a laugh and Nevaeh said, "But seriously, I do forgive you, just do not ever lie to me again. I may not forgive you next time." Seriousness was evident in her voice as she said this.

~~~

After talking with her siblings for a little while longer, they had left and let Henley, Ryder, Harrison, and Rosen in. Rosen stayed away from her for a little bit, feeling uncomfortable with everyone in the room.

He wanted to ask her out but did not know when the right time was. He thought he would ask her with everyone in here, just so they can witness it, but his anxiety got the best of him and he backed out.

Henley was the most worried, asking if she needed water or food, or even if she needed help going to the bathroom. Nevaeh told her to calm down, and that she was fine and did not need help going to the bathroom. Nevaeh tried to explain to Henley that it was just her wrist that she cut, not her entire body.

Henley gave her a fake glare, as if to say, I am just worried about you, no need to get all uptight. Which only made Nevaeh and the boys laugh.

~~~

Ryder did not know when would be a good time to do this. He wanted to ask Henley out, but every time he tried to, something or someone always got in the way.

He tried really hard this past week, but then Nevaeh was emitted to the hospital. Of course, Ryder does not and could not ever blame Nevaeh for this. Yeah, he understands that she cut herself, and that kind of means it is her fault, but he also knows not to blame her. She was going through a rough time and felt that cutting was the only way to feel better.

So instead of waiting any longer, fearing that someone or something else may interrupt him again, he asked her right there in front of their group of friends, "Henley, I have been trying to do this for so long. This past week I was going to make it special and romantic for you and me, then we heard about Nevaeh, and stopped here instead. My point is, I do not think there is a right time to do this, so Henley Winter Ambrose, will you be my girlfriend?" Ryder asked with the biggest grin on his face, hoping she will say yes.

After a few seconds of silence, Henley's face breaks out into the biggest smile, it is a shocker her lips do not rip in half. "Yes!!" She says, jumping into Ryder's arms, kissing him passionately.

They decide to go out on a date since they had spent a lot of time at the hospital with Nevaeh and the boys.

~~~

Rosen had looked over at Ryder and Henley's back as they walked back out towards Ryder's car. Rosen was wishing more than anything, that that was going to be him and Nevaeh.

Rosen had pulled Harrison aside, telling him that he wanted to ask Nevaeh out but not with him in the room. "Hey, bro, do you mind if I spend a minute with Nevaeh alone real quick. Go flirt with her sister or something." Rosen told Harrison with a smirk on his face. Harrison just nodded as his face turned a deep red from embarrassment.

Now that Harrison was gone, Rosen went back to Nevaeh and said, "Nevaeh, I do not think you know or understand what you do to me. I am pretty sure everyone but you knows this, but I am so in love with you. I have been since the day I met you. When you punched me in the nose, yeah, that was awesome. So, Nevaeh, will you please do me the honors of being my girlfriend?" Rosen laughs a little at the memory of Nevaeh punching him, then looks at Nevaeh's face to see her eyes brimming with tears.

"Or not. I am sorry I did not- we do not- I mean-" Rosen starts to stutter, thinking he just ruined their friendship by asking her out. But Nevaeh shuts him up by kissing him.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend. It took you long enough to ask. I have been in love with you since I met you, too. It just took me a while to actually admit it to myself.