Chapter 5

As Rosen hurriedly leaves the classroom, Nevaeh follows after him, in the hope to talk to him. While he has longer legs than her, he is further ahead.

When Nevaeh finally reaches Rosen, he has tears running down his face. Pathetic he thinks to himself. He has never cried in front of anyone, let alone a girl. Who would want to see the big, bad, boy Rosen cry? He says mentally. Nevaeh pulls him into the library, where no one can see them.

"Why are you crying? Do not turn away from me, it is okay to cry, I just want to know why." Nevaeh says as Rosen turned his head from her, so she did not see his tears. With her hands, she pulled his head gently back to face her. "I do not want you to see me like this. I do not want you thinking I am weak." Rosen says, finally looking at Nevaeh. She makes a noise that is in between a scoff and a gasp. "Why would you ever think that? It is perfectly okay to cry, even in front of someone."

"I just, I am known as the bad guy. The guy that hurts girls, has money, gets everything he wants. And while I do have money, I do not 'get' girls, I do not hurt them and I do not have a perfect family as many assume I do. My parents' marriage is falling apart; I am surprised they are not divorced yet," Rosen goes on ranting, "in fact, I have never even had a real girlfriend before. But then things changed. I do not know how to put it, I-" He was interrupted by the sound of someone coming towards them. They both look around to see if the person is gone, hoping that they are.

After Nevaeh leaves, Rosen and Becky start talking. " I missed you. I had a lot of fun last night; we should do it again sometime." Becky says, seductively. Rosen rolls his eyes at her and says, "It was a one-time thing. I told you that. I am into someone else, and you were just there for me to get my mind off of her." Becky looks hurt but turns around and starts to leave. "Well, then, I guess you will not mind if Nevaeh finds out, yeah?" She asks, knowing very well what she is doing.

Nevaeh was eavesdropping on their conversation; she was quite nosy. But when she heard what they were talking about and how Becky was just a girl Rosen had used, Nevaeh was really upset Rosen had lied to her. Memories from her past are coming up again.

Nevaeh starts breathing heavily, panicking. Her vision starts to blur, her mind starts to fog up. everything is spinning. The next she hears is someone yell out her name.

Rosen hears something, like a rapid intake of breaths coming from someone. He starts looking around, and then yells out Nevaeh's name before she falls to the ground, unconscious.