Chapter 11

Nevaeh follows Rosen in her car to a diner on their way home, even though it is almost three-thirty in the morning. In the twenty-four-hour diner, the walls were a pale yellow and the booths were a light grey. The bar and barstools were a wooded brown. Nevaeh and Rosen both had things on their mind, so neither said much.

Nevaeh was wondering if they would ever work out if they got together. Rosen is wondering if Nevaeh has feelings for him. He thinks she does by the way she looks and talks to him, but he is still confused. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts, while the waitress comes over and asks for their order.

~~~

About an hour later, they are finally ready to go. They grab their things and head to their proper cars, but when Nevaeh gets into her car, she has a bad feeling.

She tries to ignore it but she cannot. She turns up the radio in hopes to clear her mind. As she pulls into the campus parking lot, she realizes that Rosen is no longer following behind her. Maybe he had to stop somewhere? She thought.

As she was walking to her dorm, it was like everything was dead; nothing moved or even made a sound. Not even a leaf blowing off of a tree.

When she got into the dorm room, everything was like it was outside; dead. Not a single person made a sound. Which was weird considering there were three other people in the room. Or there should have been.

Nevaeh checks both of the rooms; the guys' rooms then went over to the girls. Nobody is in the dorm. I do not understand. What is going on? Nevaeh thinks to herself as she sees a note on the island in the kitchen.

The note says,

It is time we meet again baby, don't you think? This time, it is you and I forever, and no one can get in the way of us now.

~C

Nevaeh knows what he has done. She starts hyperventilating and starts to feel dizzy. She tries to calm herself by sitting down and putting her head between her legs. It helps her a lot by focusing on her breathing. She finally calms down, thinks, and runs back to her car.

About twenty minutes later, she is back in the same house she once was a few weeks ago. Except for this time, Nevaeh is saving Rosen and the others instead of the other way around.

She smells something weird, like gas? She is not quite sure what it is, but she comes up to the room where she saw her brothers die. Her eyes start to water at the thoughts and memories of her brothers. Then she hears muffled screaming coming from that same room.

Nuh-uh, not again, please God, do not let this happen to me again. I cannot take it! Nevaeh cried out to herself. She knows what is going to happen and knows she will not be able to last much longer if they die.

She walks fully into the room to see Rosen, Ryder, Harrison, and Henley there tied to the chairs. But something is not right. Chris is also tied to the chair.

She hears someone behind her and slowly turns around. What she sees is not who she expects at all. She is actually scared when she sees them again.