Chapter 12

Nevaeh slowly turns around. What she sees is not who she expects at all. She is actually scared when she sees them again.

Nevaeh sees all eighteen of her brothers and Nylah. She is so confused and scared and hurt.

"W-wh-what?! I do not un-understand how y-you are he-here right n-no-now." She manages to stutter out. Then Rosen is by her side, as she falls to the floor weeping. Nevaeh looks around and sees that Rosen, Ryder, Harrison, Henley, Nylah, Gavin, Sebastien, Luca, Marc, James, Johnny, Michael, Harlem, Adrian, Connor, Sam, Jason, Kyler, Henry, Scott, Derek, Liam, and Reece. She turns around and sees that Chris is still tied up in the chair.

She wants an explanation from everyone but first knows what she has to do. She grabs the gas can that is nearby and pours the liquid all over Chris. Then she grabs a match, lights it, and throws it on Chris. 

She and everyone else quickly gets out of the building. Thankfully, the building is an old house that is in the middle of nowhere, with no surrounding houses or buildings. Rosen called the police. All he told them was that he and his friends were baking and forgot about it and it caught on fire.

By the time the police got there, Chris' body had disintegrated and was unidentifiable. Not that the police knew that anyone else was in there.

~~~

It has been two days since the fire, and no one has said anything to Nevaeh. After the fire, everyone went back to the house that the boys and Nevaeh and Nylah grew up in. Which was huge!

 Which was huge!

But while they were there, Nevaeh just stayed in her room most of the time. She could not talk or even look at anyone. She did not know who to trust anymore. Guess that is what happens when you have been lied to your entire life. But could you blame her for not talking to anyone and just isolating herself?

On what seemed like the five hundredth day of Nevaeh being in her room, she finally came down. All she said was, "Tell me how this is all possible and tell me how you guys all know each other." She points back and forth between her siblings and her roommates.

Gavin spoke up first, "the day you saw us all 'die' was not actually us. They were holograms. You see, Ryder, Rosen, Henley, and Harrison here helped us." The four roommates gave Gavin a dirty glare for throwing them under the bus like that. He continued, "We knew that if we stuck around you and Nylah were going to kill yourselves or get killed by Chris. So we thought it would be best if we fake our death, but we needed you to really believe it." Nevaeh interrupted, "Oh, I believed it alright. You know, crying myself to sleep every night for over a year, hurting myself physically and mentally, pushing others away, and being a jerk towards others for the tiniest things. Yeah, I believed it all right." She gave a disgusted look at everyone but let them continue nonetheless. "We really did not want to Vae" Nylah continued the story using Nevaeh's nickname. "We really did not. But we knew we had to and could not do it by ourselves. So we had our friends, Henley, Harrison, Ryder, and Rosen, pretend to be your roommates for the year so that they could look out for you." Nylah said feeling so guilty about lying to her own twin.