Chapter 9

Nevaeh continued with her story, "When I was fifteen, he kidnapped me. By this point, Nylah and I had both been hurting ourselves physically and mentally. We would both cut ourselves and do whatever we could do to make ourselves feel the pain that our brothers did that night." She glances around the room, taking a deep breath. "When Chris kidnapped me, he really, really... to say he hurt me was an understatement.

"He beat me with a bat, stabbed me, electrocuted me, hit me, kicked me, and tased me. But when he was done hurting me for the day and he thought I had enough cuts and wounds, he would [lace me in a steaming hot bath full of salt so that he could "clean out the wounds" as he would put it. But he only wanted to see me in more pain. Then, he would take me out of the tub and carefully dry me off and place me on the bed. And then he would..." By now, Nevaeh's body was shaking from her sobs and she did not try to stop herself from crying.

Everyone knew what was coming next, they knew what that bastard did to her. Still, she continued, "He would rape me. This happened three different times in about eight months. I do not know how, but I never got pregnant, and I am happy about that. I knew I could never raise a child much less give birth to one. After Chris had stopped, it was already the end of May.

"And that is when things got really difficult. It was just Nylah and myself, neither of us had jobs, both of us tried to attend school as often as we could. But, on June twelfth two years ago, I watched Nylah kill herself. Well actually, we both tried to hang ourselves from a tree, but my rope broke and hers did not. I tried to break hers down too, but it just would not break. So by the time I finally did, it was too late. I watched my twin, my best friend, die in my arms." Nevaeh was still full-on crying, and she knew she would not sleep tonight.

"After her death, I tried to change my life around. I stopped cutting and hurting myself. I paid more attention to my school work. I got into a great college, and now I have amazing friends that I would never change for the world." She sums up her story with one last thing, "I have over seven hundred and fifty scars on my body. Most of them from Chris and my mom, but some from myself. After I met you guys, I knew this year was going to be a good one, no matter how much you guys get on my nerves or make me want to strangle you, I love you guys."

And with that, Nevaeh took off her hood and let them see her face.

~~~

Rosen thought that he should tell everyone about himself since that is what it seemed like they were doing.

"Can I go next? I want to finally open up and trust everyone for once," he asked everyone.

Everyone nodded their heads, and he went on, "Well, I basically have the perfect family. You know, my parents are super, super-rich, I am an only child, I get whatever I want and need, and so on. But the one thing that I do not have is happiness. When I was thirteen, I was in the wrong crowd. My parents were never home and I wanted them to feel the pain I felt. So I ran away. A guy found me, and at the time he was in his late thirties, early forties. He took me home with him, and that is when I found out he is the leader of a gang, the Blood Demons. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. You know, I was a thirteen-year-old, and everything amazed me." he pauses and takes a look at everyone. And "everyone" is Nevaeh. He tries to see how she responds to it with her facial expression.

He goes on to say, "I wanted to join, but I was told I needed to learn some things first. Like how to throw a knife, shoot a gun, kill someone, etc., etc., However, I got through the first two courses, but I knew I could never kill someone. That was the one thing I could not ever do. So when I told them 'no'. They got mad, but discussed it amongst themselves and decided that I was to be the new leader.

"At first, I was majorly confused. I thought instead they were going to kill me, not promote me." Looking at Nevaeh still, he breathes a sigh of relief and the fact that she does not seem scared or worried. Which worries him.

"Ever since that day, I have still been a gang leader but have never killed anyone. And that is the way it is going to stay." He concludes.