Story for School

Hiiii guys sorry this isn't a Hyunlix one shot 😞 I had to write a story for my creative writing class and I'd appreciate if you read it and gave me some feedback, especially with grammar and run-on sentences 😅
(Felix is an alien because of the prompt I ended up getting. Yes I used Felix and Chan's names cuz I'm not good a naming characters)

Will most likely delete after unless you guys don't want me to

~~

Unexpected (if you have a better title plz let me know 🥺)

Felix was very hyped about his birthday coming up. It was in a few more days and he couldn't wait for his friends to be there. He decided to jump onto his spaceship and fly to a nearby market for the icing he needed. He enjoyed baking so he thought it would be a nice idea to make his own cake. It was the last thing he needed to do, everything else was set and his other alien buddies were going to decorate the outside area. Felix had checked the weather multiple times and it always said the same thing. Sunny, clear skies, and very nice weather.

"I'm so excited! Everything is going to be absolutely perfect!"

Days went by and each day Felix felt more and more nervous. He had a feeling that something could go terribly wrong. He always brushed it off because it was just a feeling. He didn't want his anxiety to ruin the thing he has been excited for. Plus there wasn't anything that signaled anything wrong happening.

"Oi, Felix! Come here bro!"

"Oh, Chan! What's up?"

Chan went up to Felix to go over the plan for tomorrow. Yes, finally his birthday would be tomorrow. Everything was going to be absolutely perfect. After Chan finished, making sure everything was still going as planned with Felix, he had to leave to help out his mom with some shopping.

The next day, Felix's friends had arrived at 8 a.m, hoping to have all decorations and tables ready by 5 p.m. The weather was just right. Everyone was busy getting ready which left Felix alone for most of the day because: "You're the birthday boy, just worry about your cake."
Felix listened and when he had finished his cake, went out for a ride. He just flew around in his spaceship, looking over the town.

"What's that?"

Felix looked up at the sky to see dark grey clouds. People in the town also noticed and went inside buildings or quickly got on their spaceships to go home. Immediately, Felix's mood changed 'Is this why I had a bad feeling?' His thoughts were cut off as heavy rain began to pour down. Thunder was roaring as he stayed put from shock. Today was supposed to be his special day. This wasn't supposed to happen. Why did this have to happen to him? His eyes went wide as he remembered his party was outside.

It felt like ages going from the town to Felix's house. It didn't help that Felix could barely see from the fast heavy rain. Once he arrived his eyes filled with tears seeing almost everything completely destroyed. Tables were turned over everywhere, decorations fly off with the wind, balloons popping from the strong rain, and just everything was wet. Felix played with his hands anxiously. "I was going to confess something important to my friends."

The rain soon died down and the sun came out, yet Felix felt so defeated that he longer had the strength to try and solve anything. A soft knock was heard from the side of his spaceship. He looked over to find his friends looking at him with gloomy expressions. He got out and walked inside his house while everyone else followed.

"Felix don't feel upset about this. Things happen for a reason and I promise that we can make an even better party. It doesn't matter if its outside or not"

"Thanks Chan, but how is that going to happen? You guys already used the decorations and those are destroyed now."

"We have some things up our sleeves. Come on guys time to get crafty!"

Felix was put in a separate room so he wouldn't see what was going on. He heard paper being ripped, markers writing things, objects being rearranged, 'what could these guys be doing?' It took about 3 hours, at this point it was past 7 p.m, and Felix had just been on his phone trying to distract his mind from what ideas his friends had come up with. The door opened and Felix was blindfolded then led to the room where everything was.

"Felix, you ready? 3... 2... 1... SURPRISE!!"

The blindfold fell as Felix felt the corners of his mouth rise up into a smile. All over the walls were funny, kind of badly made, drawings by his friends. There were also many messages reading things like: 'Don't be sad we're here with you' 'Hey birthday boy I hope you enjoy what we made' 'We'll make new happy memories after all the bad events' and so on. Felix felt like crying from joy, he really had some of the best friends. Finally, his eyes landed on the big table with his cake, presents, and a big happy birthday banner made by his friends. Even without it being how he had planned, it felt more personal and emotional. His friends took the extra time and work to make this for him.

"THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! This means the world to me."

The rest of the day was spent celebrating and having fun. They played board games and ate lots of unhealthy snacks.

"Guys... I actually have something really important to tell you.."

"What is it Felix?"

Silence took over the room as everyone was waiting for Felix to say what he wanted to say.

"Well... I'll actually... I'm going to be moving away for a year... to earth."

The happy atmosphere died down. Not everything always goes as planned.