EPILOGUE

Delaney

One year later

“Guys!  Dinner’s ready,” I yell out the window.

“We’ll be right in, honey.” dad yells.  “It’s game point.”

I watch through the window as my dad tosses the ball to my man and then gets close to him, trying to play good defense so he can’t win.

I look just off to my right at the crib next to me where our little Dustin lies.  “We already won, didn’t we sweetheart?”

Dustin wiggles a little and smiles.  I turn off the oven and pull out the casserole, sitting it on the stovetop so it can cool a bit.

I carefully pick Dustin up from his crib and carry him to the window so he can watch his papa and his grampy play basketball outside.

“One day you’ll be out there with the big boys playing too.”

I take his little bitty itty hand and wave it to the window.  He leaves it up, pressing it against the glass on his own as he stares out at the two men in his family…until drool falls out of his mouth.

I laugh and grab a rag to get him cleaned up.

“Yeah, daddy is easy to stare at isn’t he?  I do it all the time,” I confess.

It’s true.  After we got engaged we quickly bought a new house closer to the best schools in town.  Donovan put up a basketball goal and would shoot hoops each night for about fifteen minutes while I prepared dinner.

It only took about a month to go by until my dad started showing up, and after another month they were best friend’s again.

I always knew they would be, but I also knew it would take time.  I was daddy’s little girl after all, and he wasn’t going to let me go that easily.

In hindsight I’m okay that he took it so rough.  Did I wish he would have been supportive from the get go?  Of course.  But the way he reacted showed how much he cared about me, in his own special way.

Once he found out I was pregnant then he turned into a big ol’ softie.  He was telling everybody how he was going to be a grandpa and how amazing I looked the bigger I got.  He was such a great support for me during the pregnancy and even still, but no one can compare to Donovan.

The man won’t let me lift a finger.  When I was pregnant he treated me like I was a fragile piece of porcelain, handling me with extreme care as he was so obsessed with our child being inside me.  He insisted I not take any medications while I was pregnant or during the delivery.  He wanted our baby to be as natural as possible, or as organic as he first said before I reminded him that babies aren’t on some special aisle at Whole Foods.  Just the thought of him saying organic makes me laugh out loud, which has little Dustin doing the same.

I can’t wait to have another, and another and another.  And I know I won’t have to because Donovan can’t keep his hands off me.  Once Dustin did come then it was no holds barred in the bedroom again.  Donovan gave me the throttling of a lifetime, which is exactly what I needed to get my mojo back.

I felt a bit unattractive with my mom bod after the pregnancy, but Donovan, and his always big and thick reaction to me nude, quickly dispelled any worries I had that he wouldn’t want me anymore.

It sounds crazy but I feel like he somehow wants me even more, if that’s possible.  He told me we got pregnant so fast he didn’t even get a chance to do all the things to me he wanted to, and then there were months where he was treating me so gingerly too.

Now he was making up for lost time.  Oh boy was he ever!

Every time I sit down I feel the sting on my cheeks from the spanking he gave me last night.  And that was quickly followed up by him taking me from behind, his hands gripping my hips as he pulled my ass into his pelvis as he broke me off with one helluva climax.  It’s a surprise I’m upright and walking today.

“Hey honey!” he says as he walks in the door and quickly kisses me on the cheek.  He’s breathing hard and a few seconds later I see my dad walk in.  “What’s for dinner?”

“Casserole.  As soon as you two wash your hands we can eat.”

“Good, because I’m starving.”

Donovan runs upstairs to the master bedroom while my dad washes his hands in the sink in the half-bath downstairs.

“What’s wrong, dad?”

“Ah, ya’ know.  He got me.  Lucky shot.”

I try and feel empathy for my dad, but I can’t help but smile.

“You guys are always playing.  You’ll get him next time.”

“You’re right.  I just need to hit my shots.”

“That’s what life’s all about, right?”

He turns to me as he rinses his hands as I stand just outside the bathroom.

“I don’t follow.”

“Donovan and I took a big shot by being together a full year ago.  The bigger the risk the bigger the reward,” I say, motioning to Dustin’s crib.

“Yeah, you’re right, sweetheart.”

My dad skips drying his hands and comes and gives me a big kiss on the cheek.

“Hey!  She’s mine,” Donovan growls as he descends the stairs.  “Hand’s off.”

What I don’t tell my dad is that actually there wasn’t any risk being with Donovan.  It was a big shot, but I always knew we’d make it.  I’d thought through everything and that’s why I was so in love with him, only to find out he’d been in love with me to for four long years.

Perfection.  It just took one of us to make the first move, or in my case…

Larry, Curly, and Moe come running into the living room, sliding on the hardwood floor as they always do.

Dustin claps his hands multiple times at the sight of them and screams for joy.

Our three little puppies are all grown up now.  It’s amazing how time flies.

I wish they could stay small forever, just like tiny little Dustin.  But they have to grow up, and I know they do it fast.

Good thing for me that Donovan insists we always have at least one baby in the house, which means I’m going to be getting a lot of sexy time with my big strong man.

And the result of that is a happy wife and a happy life…for everyone.

And most importantly a house full of laughter, love, and little ones.

Forever.