Chapter 9: That Beautiful Sound....

"(Y/N)! YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO ABOUT THIS! I JUST KNOW IT." Joel ran over to you, ready to beat you again, but Betelgeuse stepped in between you two. He held out his hand off to the side, protecting you. Betelgeuse looked him straight in the eyes, surprisingly calm.

"She had nothing to do with any of this. So, I would not suggest taking another step if I were you. Unless you'd like to lose to me again." Betelgeuse looked into Joel's eyes a bit calmer than last time. But still had a hint of edge in his eyes, knowing that he had more power and control over him both physically and mentally. He was more powerful than Joel in every way. Obviously.

"You think you're better than me, don't you?" Joel poked Betelgeuse in the chest, attempting at being threatening.

He looked down at his finger and swatted it away. "Yes. Yes, I do. And I am."

"What'll you do to me then if I were to maybe..." He looked around for a moment for a small object. He then found a small, heavy paperweight on the counter. "Do this!" He quickly ran over to it, picking it up and throwing it at your head. Luckily, his aim was off and it hit you in the stomach instead. Joel looked proud of himself and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Betelgeuse put a hand on your stomach, making sure you were ok first before turning back to Joel in fury. Fists down by his side.

"Oh, I would be very scared if I were you." He started to slowly walk towards him. You tried to stop him but you were in too much pain. Betelgeuse had remembered the list of things your father was scared of that you showed him earlier. He picked one thing from the list and made it appear behind Joel. A low groaning noise came from behind him, and Joel froze where he stood. His eyes went wide and his mouth was slightly hung open. He tried to hide his fear in front of Betelgeuse, to try to appear he wasn't afraid of anything, but he knew what that sound was.

One of Joel's biggest fears was zombies. That groaning sound Joel heard was definitely the sound of a zombie. He turned around slowly, not wanting to believe an actual zombie was behind him and sure enough, there it was. A walking corpse was moving in closer to him. Betelgeuse folded his arms, waiting for the fear to kick in. You watched with a slight fear of the zombie, excited though that your father would be horrified. Joel stared into the nonexistent eyes of the corpse, all he saw were eye sockets. The zombie made a low growling sound that eventually turned into a hissing and started limping faster to Joel. This made Joel freak on the inside and he screamed in fear.

"AhHhhHh!" Your father shouted in terror, running to the other side of the room. Eileen, upon also seeing the walking dead corpse, screamed along with him, paralyzed in her seat at the table. She was unable to move. The mystery dessert Eileen made on the table then turned into a slimy, green substance. Betelgeuse, now visible to everyone, manipulated the bowl of unknown slime and turned it over on one of their snobby friends. It fell all down her shirt and got into her mouth.

"What is this?!" She tried spitting it out. The more it was on her, the more it seemed to burn her skin slightly. Betelgeuse laughed hysterically and went over to Quincy, who was attempting at hiding behind a chair. But because of his larger figure, it made finding him that much easier. Betelgeuse flew over to him and switched his clothes for a lion tamer's clothes. He had a top hat and a whip, holding the chair he was hiding behind in the other hand. Zapping some magic out of his hand, Betelgeuse made a lion appear out of thin air. Quincy looked fearful at the lion and the lion growled a little. Quincy realized then what he was wearing and immediately put down the chair and whip.

"Good kitty. I won't threaten you if you won't threaten me." He held out his hand in surrender, which the big cat obviously did not understand. A whip appeared behind the large feline and Betelgeuse was the holder of it. Quincy looked at Betelgeuse and slowly shook his head, knowing fully what he was thinking. All Betelgeuse did was nod his head and smiled evilly. Quincy had a tear escape his eye, and was trembling like a dead leaf on a stormy day. Betelgeuse released the whip onto the lion's back and it roared a deafening roar and charged after Quincy. Quincy got up as quickly as possible and ran away as fast as he could out of the dining room and out of the house.

Betelgeuse went down to check up on how you were doing. He had to see if you were enjoying the frightful night. He saw you laughing on top of the long table. Betelgeuse saw you with the widest smile on your face. It filled him with joy to see you like that.

"Enjoying this, kid?" Betelgeuse floated down next to you, his head resting in the palm of his hand. Appearing as if he was lying on his stomach while still being in mid-air.

"This is awesome. I haven't had this much fun in years!"

"Well, there's a lot more where that came from. I've got a million more tricks up my sleeve." Betelgeuse rolled up his sleeves and aimed his magic at the ceiling. Spider's on webs one by one started dangling down from the ceiling. Spiders of all different kinds. Even poisonous ones started spinning sticky webs, waiting for a victim. The size of the spiders and their webs grew to twice its size. A few of the dinner guests passed out from the fear and shock and were getting wrapped into the arachnid's trap. Your eyes looked at the guest in slight worry.

"Umm Betelgeuse?" You didn't take your eyes off of them.

"Yes?" He looked down at you.

"Those spiders aren't going to actually eat them, are they?" There was a slight sense of fear in your voice.

"Why? Is that not what you wanted? I thought you wanted them gone?" He stopped floating and planted his feet firmly on the ground next to you.

You quickly looked up at him. "No, I just wanted to scare them out of the house. I didn't want them dead!"

He stood there for a moment and shrugged his shoulders. "Fine, take the fun out of it." He then shrunk down the spiders and the webbing came off the guests. The once big spiders were now normal-sized and crawling all over them.

"Oh my god, oh my god, get them off. Ahhh someone help, please! Get them off of me!" One of the women screamed in terror. They all soon ran out of the house. Leaving only your father, Eileen, and Bridget.