c h a p t e r 1

Working for the bau has always been your dream. You wanted to feel like you were truly doing something important in your life and impacting people's lives. You loved your job and you would never trade it for anything else, but lately you wish you could just take a break. Everyday you would start with one case and end with another.

You were currently sitting at the round table surrounded by all your other team mates. Hotch presenting a case, Spencer interrupting him every few seconds to state a fact, JJ and Emily analyzing papers, Garcia on her laptop clicking away, Morgan sitting there paying close attention to Hotch , and you writing down any notes or anything you think is crucial for the case.

Today's case was a man who would kidnap and torture young women and sadly he would end up killing them. You always got chills in cases like these. As a woman yourself you already knew the dangers of being a woman and how they are treated amongst some men. You couldn't even think how these women felt when they were being tortured to death. It was sickening.

"This man has a type, you can tell just by looking at these pictures of these 3 women" Hotch said putting up three pictures on the board. They all looked like they were maybe in their mid 20s, they had y/h/c, and y/e/c eyes. "Maybe he wants revenge on someone who hurt him or maybe has done him wrong in someway" Spencer said walking up to the board and taking an even closer look at the pictures.

"Agreed, there's no way he choose these victims at random, this is not a random killing, it has to be strategized" Emily spoke up. "Emily is right, I mean these girls could all pass as triplets! And like Spencer said maybe he wants to hurt women who look like someone that has hurt him because there is no way he is just killing women who just happen to look the exact same for no reason" you say closing your notebook. "Hotch what are the victims names?" Garcia ask looking up from her laptop to Hotch.

"Brianna Smith, Caroline Waters , and May Summers" he said walking over to Garcia. He stood behind her chair and watched the blond type faster than anyone you've ever seen. "Brianna grew up in a small town in Texas she moved here at the age of 10 with her widowed mother, her father died in a car accident, and she works as an accountant at a bank a few minutes away from here" she said looking over at Hotch.

Everyone was now doing their own investigation of their own. Spencer and Morgan at the board, JJ and Emily still with the papers , and Hotch and Garcia at the laptop. You walked over at the pair whom had their eyes glued on the screen. "What about Caroline Waters?" you ask standing next to Hotch. You bent over and looked at Garcias laptop.

"Caroline Walters was born and raised here in Virginia, her parents got divorced when she was born so her legal guardians became her grandparents" she says scanning over the words. "I'm guessing maybe she was abandoned by her parents after the divorce?" you ask Garcia and look up over at Hotch who had his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wow look at you Dr. Reid!" she said smiling to herself. You let out a small giggle at the comparison. "Her mother is a drug addict so she couldn't take care of Caroline and her father remarried into a new family not shortly after the split and did not want anything to do Caroline" she said.

"Doesn't seem like anyone of these family members could be the unsub but we can't clarify yet"  Hotch said pulling up a chair and sitting next to Garcia. "The way they were killed had emotion to it and those people a) are not alive and b) want nothing to do with them" Hotch said" " And May Summers?" you asked.

You pulled down a chair and sat on the left of Garcia. You rested your head on your hand and watched Garcia at work but then Hotchner caught your attention. You concentrated on the man who still had his eyes glued on Garcias screen. He was handsome, no one would deny it. The way his brown hair fell perfectly on his face , his beautiful brown eyes, and those large hands he had.

You couldn't help but think about how big they probably were compared to your own hands. You never wanted to admit it but you had a small crush on your boss. You loved how hard he can be and how dominant he is in cases, for example when you interviewed a male unsub who only kept staring you and Emily down he slammed his hands on the table and told him off for looking at his coworkers.

You always felt safe around him because of it. You knew if you were ever in danger Hotch was the guy to call. Your relationship was professional and nothing more than that but you really wish you could change it. You have thought about it but you wanted to stay professional and Hotch would probably never feel the same for you. After all he also just got divorced to his now ex wife Hayley.

They were highschool sweethearts he probably doesn't want anyone to take her spot, atleast for now. They also had a kid and maybe he won't even want to enter the dating life because of it. Even if you got with Hotch you wouldn't the rest of the team to think less of you for dating your boss. You got carried away into your own thoughts that you didn't notice Hotch was now staring back. You noticed what you were doing and quickly looked at Garcias screen. He probably saw you staring the whole time but you were to caught up in your own damn brain to notice.

Garcia spoke up again about May Summers. "May was also born and raised here in Virginia , she didn't have much of a sad childhood unlike the other women, and she worked at a skating rink in downtown" Garcia said. Her words entered your ear but came out the other. You couldn't stop thinking about Hotch and how he caught you staring. I mean what if he brings it up? Your life would be over. Your face was now heating up from embarrassment.

You looked down at the table so neither Garcia or Hotch could see your red face. "I'm going to see if the boys found anything" you say getting up from the table. You pushed your chair in and walked over to Derek and Spencer. They had a bunch of things scribbled on the board. "How's it going? Find anything?" You ask the men. "Well I think the unsub picked these girls up at a club" Spencer said turning his body to you instead of the board.

"If you look at their clothes it's night out attire" Morgan said. "Okay so it's a possible club setting? And maybe the looks of these women tie to someone in the unsubs life who has done then wrong?" you ask looking at the pictures and words set up on the board. "Correct babygirl!" Derek said. "That's all we know so far?" you hear a voice from behind you say. Hotch.

words: 1295
Omg hii guys! I hope you are enjoying this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! I'm not the best writer but I had a good idea and hopefully it comes out the way I want it too! But anyways stayed tune for the next chapter ;)