c h a p t e r 8

You walked over to the small dinner table Hotch set up. You smiled at the nice gesture. You've never really been in real nice relationship. Most of them were shitty men or never did anything for you like this. "Here let me" Hotch said pulling out a chair for you to sit in. You giggled and sat down. He pushed your chair in and walked over to his. "Thank you fine sir" you said resting your head on your arm. He pushed himself in and was now sitting across from you. He smiled back and blushed a bit. Even though the lighting was dim you could still see it.

"This is beautiful Hotch! I can't believe you did this for me" you said getting all red and smiling

"This is beautiful Hotch! I can't believe you did this for me" you said getting all red and smiling. "It's no problem y/n really" he said taking out the food. "Umm I got Chinese if you don't mind... we can totally order something else!" He said letting out a panicking tone. You placed your hand on top of his to show reassurance. "I love Chinese" you said smiling. He chuckled and smiled back. He opened up the small boxes and served you and himself some food. "Thank you" you said.

You both began eating and talked about work but nothing out of the usual. "How's Jack?" You ask setting down your fork. "He's doing great actually.. I was really worried when Hayley died that he would have this change in him" he said taking in a bite of his food. "But when you came into his life his spark came back... I've never said it before but thank you for everything you do for me and Jack" he said holding out his hand for you to hold. You gladly took it into yours. It was huge compared to your own. He rubbed his thumb on your hand.

You smiled at his words and blushed a bit. "It's really no problem Hotch... I love Jack and I'm just really grateful to be able to help you both" you said reassuring him like the way you did when you first told him about taking care of Jack . "No really it means a lot... You know I was scared that he wasn't going to grow up with a mother figure in his life but you sorta filled in that spot" he said chuckling. He looked up from his plate and looked into you e/c eyes. You had a big smile on your face due to his words.

"About the kiss" he said letting go of your hand and clearing his throat. You began to feel your stomach turn from how nervous you were. You were preparing to hear the worst things ever. " I've been waiting to do that since you started to get involved in Jack and I's life" he said. You let out a soft sigh in relief. "I know this may be to soon but I've never felt this way about anyone else besides Hayley, Y/N I would like for you be more than my work college" he said playing with his fingers. "You know I knew I felt something more than just any other relationship when I saw the way you acted towards Jack" he said.

He was clearly nervous and as were you. "Besides being beautiful you are a wonderful, strong, independent woman" he said looking down at his hands. You smiled towards him to try and calm his nerves. "I would really love to be able to call you girlfriend" he said. "How would you feel if we gave us a try"? he said moving his hands between himself and you to indicate he was talking about you and him. You felt an even bigger smile creep up on your face. "I would really like that actually" you say blushing and looking down at your plate to hide how red your face turned. "I promise you that I will never hurt you mentally or physically" he said. "I'll take care of you and love you everyday of my life" he said. You looked up from your plate and into his eyes.

You never really payed attention to the music in the back but it was currently playing "You Make Me Feel So Young" by Frank Sinatra who was one of your favorite artist. Hotch got up and stood in-front of you, he took his hand in yours. "May I have this dance?" He asked with a big grin on his face.

"You may" you said getting up and giggling. He pulled you close to him and wrapped one arm around your waist and had the other locked in with yours. You both began to sway back and forth. Hotch looked down at you and smiled. You wish you could freeze this moment and frame it. It was a pure moment full of love between two people who desperately needed longed it. He spun you around and you let out a loud laugh and so did he. You kept swaying until the record went silent. Your body was so close to Hotchner's that you could feel his warmth. You looked up into his beautiful brown eyes and slowly leaned in. He did the same and soon enough you were both kissing again.

The kiss was soft and gentle, it was perfect for the moment you were currently in. Hotch hummed in reply of how good the kiss was. You both pulled away to catch some breath. "I'll never get tired of kissing you" he said holding you in his arms. "Good because it's just getting started" you said giggling. "Here I'll help you clean" you said looking over at the dinner table with plates and boxes on top. You softly pulled away from his arms and walked over to the table to pick up the mess.

Hotch walked over and took the box you had in your hand, "Let me" he said. "Hotch you did all this already! I can't let you clean up" you say taking it back into your own hands. "No really it's okay! Le-" he said before you cut him off by kissing him. You grabbed the collar of his white shirt and pulled him closer. You set the box back on the table and wrapped your arms around his neck.

This kiss was definitely not like the others. For some reason it was more passionate and heated. He grabbed you and lifted you up. You wrapped your legs around his torso. He pulled back and caught his breath before kissing you back. You ran your fingers through his messy brown hair. He walked over to the couch and set you down.

"Hotch" you whispered. He was on top of you looking down at you. Hotch thought you looked beautiful from this point of view. "Yes?" He asked pushing a piece of your hair back where it belonged. His hands were soft against your skin. He hummed the song playing in the background. You lifted yourself up a bit and kissed him again. He lied back down and now you were on top of him. He had one large hand on your back for support and the other in your hair. He let out a moan in satisfaction and then things got more heated.

Hey y'all! I wanted to make this a smut but I don't know how to write one 🧍🏽‍♀️ maybe another time but anyways hope y'all enjoyed it!