c h a p t e r 11

Everyone was paying attention to Hotchner talking about the case. Everyone but you. You were looking at Spencer. He hadn't talked at all which was super unusual considering he loves to spit out facts when going over cases. He was still sitting apart from everyone else. He had his head rested on his arm and it looked like he was going to fall asleep. You told yourself not to get hurt over the fact that he's been ignoring you all day, but it hurt no matter how hard you tried to hide it.

You looked over at Spencer once more and he had fallen asleep. You smiled at the fact that he was getting atleast some type of rest. You really hope Hotchner wouldn't notice because he would've called him out for sleeping on the job or given him the famous "are you okay?" talk. After a few seconds of glancing back and forth between Hotch and Spencer you decided to go talk to Hotch. Everyone was all over the room already working so it wouldn't be so noticeable when you went to him.

You got up from you seat and walked to Hotch who was at the board. "Hey Hotch, could I talk to you for a second?" you asked creeping up next to him. He nodded and looked at the team before pulling you outside the room. "What's wrong?" He asked. His face and being totally changed. He went from being all tense and serious to being concerned in seconds. "Can we talk about Spencer?" you asked playing with your fingers. "Sure?" He responded in a confused tone. "Look I know you already noticed he's sleeping and stuff but could you maybe go easy on him? Something is off about him today and I wouldn't want him to feel even more stress with everything going on here" you say looking down at your feet.

You didn't know how he was going to respond. When working for the fbi everyone needs to be in their best behavior and be on top of things. Just because he was now your boyfriend doesn't change the fact that he is still your boss. You got a bit nervous for his response so you blurted out "I'll do his work" out of nowhere. Aaron places his large hands on your shoulders and looked into your eyes. "It's okay love" he whispered. You smiled at the nickname he gave you. It made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. "I'll take care of Spencer okay? I'll let him slide on this one and if you want either you or myself can talk to him" he said.

"I will" you say looking down at your feet. You felt really bad talking about Spencer behind his back but you wanted him to be okay. "Hey" Hotch whispered. He placed his fingers under your chin and lifted your face a bit so you could look at him. "I know how much Spencer means to you but he's going to be okay" he said. Thankfully no one was in the room so you took it as an opportunity to kiss him. He kissed back and when you pulled away he had a big grin on his face .

You smiled back at him

You smiled back at him. He always looks good but a smile really suits him the best. "Let's get back before anyone suspects anything" you say tapping his arm. He rolled his eyes and laughed. You both walked out the room and back into the meeting room. You noticed Spencer was now awake so you decided to go check up on him. You walked over to the corner of the room where Spencer was sitting. "Hey Spence" you say sitting down. He didn't look over at you like he usually would. You waited for his response but he never said anything. "Spence?" you asked once again. You placed your hand on his arm but he quickly moved his arm. "What is with you today?" you asked getting a little frustrated.

Words : 718

hey guys I hope you enjoyed today chapter! Also I just wanted to say if you would like to read a Spencer X Reader book I just uploaded the second chapter to my book last night! ALSOO THANK YOU FOR 1.K READS I LOVE YOU GUYS!