A bad day~ Charlie Gillespie

I slammed my hands against the steering wheel, frustrated. Everything had been going wrong today. First, I slept through my alarm, was late to work, causing my boss to be in a bad mood. She yell at me so many times I lost count, and now as if to seal the deal I just popped a tire on a rock. I sat in my car on the side of the road, hoping and praying someone would see me. My ringing phone startled me.

"Hello?" I said, not checking the caller ID.

"Hey baby. Everything ok?"

I instantly relaxed to the sound of my boyfriend's voice.

"Yeah everything's great besides me, a twenty year old girl being stuck on the side of the road, in the dark, where anything could happen." I said, stressed.

"What happened?" He asked, concerned.

"I popped a tire." I mumbled.

"Ok I'm gonna put you on hold while I call someone to come get the car, and then you stay on the phone with me until I get there. Ok?" He said.

"Ok."

Fifteen minutes flew by until Charlie and the car tower finally showed up. Charlie opened my door and helped me from my car to his, and paid the guy. The entire ride to Charlie's house I was silent, but he continued to hold my hand rubbing his thumb up and down on my skin. Once we got there he unlocked the door, still holding my hand, and led me in. Once he'd set everything down, he grabbed my hands and looked me in the face.

"You ok? You seem on edge and frustrated." He spoke gently, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, and rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"It was just a rough day, that's all." I whispered. He searched my eyes, and seeing I was telling the truth, he pulled me into his chest, rocking back and forth.

"You can call me whenever you need to, no matter what." He said into my hair.

"I know." I mumbled into his chest.

"Love you princess." He said, pulling away to kiss my forehead.

"Want me to play guitar for you?" He asked excitedly. I giggled, knowing how much he enjoyed playing guitar.

"Of course." I said, smiling. Best part of the day by far.