The Best Christmas Part Two~ Charlie Gillespie

I sat down on the end of my queen sized bed and looked around my room. Nothing had changed, my mom had probably been embarrassed of the way I'd decorated. She'd been displeased, saying it wasnt "girly" enough. So basically she disproved of my posters, the bland furniture and colors. Whereas walk into Beverly's old room, welcome to glitterlandia. Just another reason for me to be the least favorite. I'd been avoiding my mom from the moment I'd gotten here with Charlie, who by the way was with my dad, chopping wood for the fire. Also known as, a dad's way to get to know their daughters boyfriend. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

Beverly cracked the door open. She scrunched her nose in disgust as she entered my room.

"How did you live in this room? Anyways," she continued and I rolled my eyes. "How'd you manage to get such a cutie? I saw him with dad. Surprised he went with you, honestly."

"I see you havent changed Bev." I snapped.

"Why would I? Its obviously gotten me a husband and mom and dad's approval."

I stayed silent, not sure how to respond to that. She smirked in triumph.

"Well anyways, mom wants me to tell you dinner is in 20, she wants us all to join so we can get acquainted."

With that she left, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's Beverly, huh?" Charlie asked, walking in.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "Delightful, isn't she?"

"I was gonna say more along the lines of a you-know-what." He said, causing me to laugh. Charlie and I spent the next twenty minutes freshening up for dinner, and then joined the others at the table together. My parents weren't exactly rich, but they weren't poor either. I looked around our huge dining room, my shoes clicking against the smooth, expensive wood floor.

"Y/n, honey, you couldnt have dressed a little more presentable?" My mom asked, causing me embarrassment as they all looked at the light dress and leggings I wore.

"I think you look beautiful." Charlie whispered in my ear, his breath causing shivers.

"Y/n, this is my husband, Evan." Beverly introduced us. He smiled warmly at me. Was it possible Beverly had actually picked a kind man?

"Nice to meet you Evan. This is my boyfriend Charlie." I introduced them. It was amazing how easily the word boyfriend rolled off my tongue. Evan stood to shake hands with Charlie, before we all sat down again.

"I was just telling your father how wonderful it is to have you here this Christmas, dear." My mom said in her fake voice.

"Yeah, right." I whispered to Charlie when she wasnt looking. He stifled a giggle. The dinner was full of mostly fake kindness, questions on how Charlie and I met, and Beverly and Evan's wedding.

"Sounds like a beautiful wedding." I told Beverly, trying my best to be polite.

"It was, shame you weren't there." Beverly responded, her snooty voice ringing in my ears.

"You didnt invite me, actually." I snapped.

"Y/n that is no way to speak to your older sister." My mother spoke, shocked. I scoffed.

"My older sister failed to invite me to her wedding." I shot back.

"I'm sure she had very good reasons." My dad joined in.

"You know, I think we'll just head to bed, it was a long day." Charlie interrupted, placing his hand on my leg.

When we got up to my bedroom I slammed the door.

"Unbelievable." I muttered.

"Hey, I know they're not the most enjoyable people, but we have each other." Charlie comforted as he dug through his suitcase. "Now how about we get our pajamas on and get some rest?"

I nodded, and opened my suitcase. I pulled out some black leggings and an oversized tshirt of Charlie's I'd borrowed a while back. Charlie turned while I changed, and I did the same for him.

"Wait, is that my shirt?" He asked once we'd finished. I blushed.

"Maybe."

"Y/n!" He jumped forward as if to chase me, and I screeched.

"I will tickle you, I'm not afraid." He warned. I ran and jumped into the bed, hiding under the covers. I felt the bed shift as he climbed in next to me.

"Goodnight Charlie." I said, coming out from under the blankets.

"Goodnight." He said midyawn. I waited and waited for sleep to come, but it didnt. It wasnt until Charlie rolled over in his sleep and wrapped his arm around my waist, that I snuggled in and fell sound asleep.

A/N
Happy Thanksgiving loves! I hope you all have the best day❤❤