Ghost of You~Luke Patterson

⚠️TW// death and suicidal thoughts⚠️

Based on Ghost of You by 5sos.

"Here I am waking up, still cant sleep on your side.....
If I can dream long enough, you'd tell me I'll be just fine."

♡   ♡    ♡    ♡    ♡     ♡    ♡     ♡      ♡

I sat by the burned out fireplace in my empty, cold house. I missed him. The love of my life. I was sick of people's words, cutting at me, telling me I'd be ok, that I'd move on. But I couldn't move on, I didn't want to. I'd lost my best friend, my love, my whole being. Luke Patterson, dead. Age, nineteen. Young, I know. I hated that he was so young. I hated that we had spent our entire childhood together, grown up to love each other, just for it to end like this. I hated that. I let the tears fall, so used to them at this point I didn't even notice.

♡    ♡     ♡     ♡      ♡      ♡       ♡       ♡

"So I drown it out, like I always do, dancing through our house, with the ghost of  you.."

♡     ♡      ♡       ♡     ♡      ♡     ♡   ♡

I slammed my fist against the brick fireplace, the tiny rocks making indents in my skin. I threw my head into my hands, pulling at my hair. I just wanted it all to stop. I knew he would hate me for treating myself this way, that he'd take me into his arms and rub tiny circles on my back until I felt better. But he was gone.

♡     ♡     ♡      ♡      ♡       ♡      ♡     ♡

"Cleaning up today, found that old Zepplin shirt, you wore when you ran away. And no one could feel your hurt, we're too young, too dumb, to know things like love.."

♡     ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡      ♡      ♡     ♡

I sniffed and stood up, maybe I could take all the pain away.  I stumbled on something, and looked to the ground to see Luke's beanie. I let a single sob escape, and leaned down to pick it up. I buried my face into the cloth, taking in his smell. My favorite person, gone.

♡    ♡     ♡      ♡      ♡      ♡      ♡     ♡

"So I drown it out, like I always do, dancing through our house, with the ghost of you. And I chase it down, with a shot of truth, dancing through our house with the ghost of you."

♡    ♡     ♡     ♡      ♡     ♡     ♡      ♡

"You were put into my life for a reason. Saying you're my favorite person is an understatement. You're my everything, I love you. I spent nearly my whole life by your side with no regrets. No regrets, y/n, ever."

My mind flashed back to his final words. He was dying in my arms and he took his last breathe to tell me that. This world didn't deserve him, so they took him. I tried shutting out my pounding thoughts, stumbling to get something to just take the pain. I just needed to shut it all out. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but I wanted so desperately for the pain to go away. I  felt an intense pain in my stomach as I kept remembering him. I doubled over, clutching my stomach. I knew if I just ended things it'd be better.

"Y/n."

I looked up and saw Alex, Luke's best friend.

"Y/n, stop." Alex rushed to my side, and grabbed the bottle of pills from my hand. "He wouldn't want this."

I got mad at him for mentioning Luke.

"Please listen to me. He wouldn't want this, he would want you to live, to love, to forget about him."

"I'll never forget him." I glared at Alex.

"I know, I know. And you dont have to. Just stay alive, for me, for your family, for him."

I thought about his words, before nodding, and allowing him to pick me up off the ground, leading me out of the room. If only I could have seen Luke's ghost, smiling sadly as Alex lead me away from death.

♡    ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡

"And I'll chase it down, with a shot of truth. That my feet don't dance, like they did with you."

A/N
Oml I didnt intend for this chapter to be so sad and dark and then it kinda just came out that way😬 but since yesterday and today's chapter were so sad I think a happy fluff chapter is due tomorrow... I promise😂🤧 vote and comment if you liked!

Also one of my favorite bands is coming out with a song called Lotus Inn at midnight est tonight, so go listen and stream if u want! 🥺 its:

"Lotus inn by why dont we"