This Crazy School

The room seems to start spinning.

   I lost. . .I lost?!

    Ugh, why am I even surprised. Of course I lost. Chiaki was right, it's impossible to beat someone like Nagito Komaeda. What I fool I was, challenging him. Next to him I am nothing, just dirt for him to trod on.

   I sneak a glance at Komaeda. He's staring back at me with a curious gaze, resting his chin in the palm of his hand. He tilts his head, flashing me a dazzling smile.

   "I assume you're not able to pay right now?" He says. A jolt of anxiety ricochets through my body.

   "I-uh. . .no," I mumble, "I can't. Sorry."

   "I see. What does this make your debt now?"

   I scratch the back of my neck. "Ah, I don't know the exact number. Couple million yen, probably. . .ugh. I assume you're going to be contacting the Student Council about this?" I trail off into a mutter. He hums thoughtfully.

   "Mmm I'll absolve our debt if you drop to your knees before me and lick my shoes." He replies evenly.

   "PARDON?!"

   ". . .That was a jest. It was just a small game. Besides, I had fun so consider it paid." He responds, waving his hand dismissively. I frown.

   "Huh?! I. . .don't understand. You kept taunting me about taking all of my money!" I point out.

   "Ah, that," He giggles, "no, you just looked so cute all flustered and intimidated! I simply couldn't resist~."

   Pink flares up in my cheeks. "H-Huh?!" I stammer. He smirks at me.

   "Come on, Hajime, say 'ahh Komaeda-sama, please spare me!'" He teases.

   "Stop!" I whine back, embarrassed. He chuckles, rising from his seat.

   "Ah, I don't know about you, but, I'm ready for more excitement. It's time to find another gamble," He decides, "Hajime, won't you accompany me?"

   "What?! I mean, why me?" I quickly correct myself. He blinks.

    "Because I like you Hajime. I want you to come with me." He answers. I purse my lips.

   "Ugh, fine. I have nowhere else to be anyway, so I'll come with you." I decide. His face lights up.

   "Really? Wonderful! Let's get going!" He cheers back, grabbing my hand excitedly, "Oh, Hajime, let's go and see what's going on around here!"

   Not yet releasing my hand, he races out of the room, stringing me along. He starts dragging me down the hall, an animated gleam in his eyes.

   . . .This dude is seriously scary.

   I have no idea how long we've been jogging for when an unfamiliar voice suddenly calls out to us: "Nagito!"

   The white-haired boy stops in his tracks, releasing my hand, turning towards the sound of the voice. I automatically follow suit.

   Poking their head around the corner is a raven-haired boy, eyes fixated on Komaeda. I sneak a glance at Nagito to check his reaction. He looks quite pleased at what he sees.

   "Shuichi!" He calls back happily, gesturing for him to come closer. The pale boy quickly approaches us. His grey eyes switch to me.

   "Who's this?" He asks. Komaeda latches onto my arm and squeezes.

   "This is Hajime Hinata! Hajime, this is Shuichi Saihara, my friend." He explains. Shuichi extends a hand and I accept it.

   "A pleasure," He mumbles before turning back to Nagito, "anyways, I was wondering if I could interest you in a quick gamble?"