A Night To Remember

(People are actually reading this. . .heh. . .heh heh. . .heh. . .)

 "Can I have a day to think about it?" I ask. 

   Celestia sighs loudly. "I'll see you first thing in the morning then. I'll expect your answer then," She decides, "see you, Hajime Hinata." She brushes past me, Kyoko following close behind. 

   I must have stood there for about five minutes before slinging my backpack over my shoulder and heading out to the car to meet Chiaki.

-

   The twenty-fifth day of the Election. Five days until the Election comes to an end, four until the school dance. 

   I wake up to a text from Nagito, stating that he had a health appointment and wouldn't be at school but wished me a pleasant day. I sit up in my bed still holding tight to my cellular device. I attempt to smooth down my hair, wondering just what I'm going to do about Celestia's request. 

   On the one hand, this has been Nagito's dream for a long time and a win against her guarantees his presidency. However, Celestia plans to sabotage him and injure him. And if I don't do something, he'll-

   Ugh. What am I going to do? In matters of betrayal and safety, the truth and pain, which is the best option? 

   I slide out of bed, slowly moving through my morning routine before heading downstairs to wait for Chiaki.

-

   "Hajime Hinata."

   I turn around sharply at the sound of a feminine voice, coming face to face  with a stone-faced Kyoko Kirigiri. 

   "Kyoko!" I exclaim, sharply as she takes a step closer. 

   "No time for dilly-dally. Will you cooperate with the Student Council?" She demands. 

   I hesitate. I've got to decide now. What should I do?

   Betrayal to ensure safety huh. . .But I don't know if I can lie to Nagito. . .

   "Well?" 

   I look her straight in the eyes. "No. I can't do that to Nagito." I sigh. Kyoko's eyes narrow before she emits a low dark chuckle. 

   "Very well," She responds slowly, folding her arms over her chest, "I hope you don't regret this decision." 

   And with those haunting words she steps away from me and makes her way down the hall. 

   I sigh. Ugh, I fucking hate Election season.

-

   The rest of the day was really uneventful. In the end I decide I need to warn Komaeda about the threats right away so when Chiaki starts to drive us home I ask her to drop me off at Nagito's instead. 

   "How are you going to get home?" She asks as she starts to drive a different direction.

   I shrug. "I'll figure something out. Thanks Chia-bean." I reply causally, leaning back in my seat.

   Chiaki gives me a suspicious glance. "Do you even plan on going home?"

   My ears go red. "W-WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?" I demand.

   She giggles. "Nothing, nothing~" She hums in response, turning her attention back towards the road. 

   It doesn't take long to get to Nagito's house as his mansion is not that far from the school. Chiaki drops me off at the front door, offering to bring meds for an aching hips and back together. I immediately responded by lightly hitting her several times with a flushed face and scrambling out of the vehicle, watching her laugh as she drove away.