A Gamble For Your Fate

I frown. "A meeting with the Student Council?" I repeat, "Why? Since when?" 

   "Well not the entire Council, just the President and her Vice." He responds.

   "Celestia Ludenberg and Kyoko Kirigiri." Chiaki supplies helpfully.

   Celestia and Kyoko in addition to having the most powerful positions in this school are also the ultimate power couple. Apparently Celestia fell in love when Kyoko directly challenged her to a gamble or something. I mean, she lost of course because it's fucking Celestia Ludenberg but she didn't want to be rid of Kyoko after that. And Kyoko soon realized she loved her too or something and they got together. 

   . . .Come to think of it, that story sounds kind of familiar. Odd. 

   "What are we meeting with them about?" I ask cautiously. His eyes twinkle good-naturedly.

   "It's a surprise, sweetheart," He replies, "provided everything goes right of course. After today I'll treat everyone to ice cream to unwind, if you guys want of course."

   Chiaki beams. "I'm curious as to what this meeting's about. . .but ice cream sounds wonderful, thank you Nagito." 

   I interlace my fingers with him. "You do so much for us. You're incredible, Nagito." I murmur. His cheeks go pink.

    "I-. . .It's nothing really." He mutters.

   Chiaki's eyes widen as she stares at the exchange.

   . . .Crap. I forgot she was here. . .

   "Don't tell me. . .are you two dating?!" She gushes excitedly. Nagito opens his mouth to answer but before I can I clamp my hand over his mouth. 

   "Don't we have a meeting to get to?" I hiss, a hard edge to my voice. He smiles and nods, pulling my hand away from his mouth.

   "Kind of sus. . ." Chiaki observes. 

   "Yes, let's not be late." He agrees, ignoring Chiaki. She'll probably bring this back up later though. And we'll have to tell her the truth. 

   What is the truth, now that I think about it? Is he my boyfriend, or. . ?

   I guess I'll have to talk to him before Chiaki gets to us. But for now we have more pressing matters to attend to. 

-

   "Why are we here, Nagito?" Shuichi asks. Nagito grins, reaching up to knock on the door. 

   "Just a little surprise for Hajime and Sonia-err, assuming everything goes right." He explains. I frown.

   "What do you mean?"

   He waves me off as the door opens. Standing there is Kyoko Kirigiri. She has her lilac hair pulled into a low braid and her grape-colored eyes are glaring at us. 

   "Hello! I'm Nagito Komaeda!" The white-haired boy chirps. Kyoko folds her arms over her chest. 

   "I've heard of you." 

   "We're here to speak with Celestia."

   "So I've heard." 

   Kyoko doesn't budge, leaving us to just awkwardly stand in the doorway. 

   ". . .Can we come in?" Nagito asks finally. 

   "I suppose."

   She steps aside, allowing us to pass through. Sitting on a large chair that mostly resembles a throne, is the president. She looks quite disinterested in the world around her, and she's sipping tea out of a saucer. Perched on the arm of her chair is a short boy with purple hair.