Deceptions

"Did you hear they're throwing a dance the night before they announce the election results?" Chiaki asks the table. Our usual lunch table has become me, Shuichi, Nagito, Chiaki, and Sonia. An unlikely group of friends, sure, but we seem to be making it work. Even if Nagito and Sonia seem to be a little peculiar. 

   Sonia smiles. "That means dress shopping!" She responds eagerly but then frowns, "but if we go together we should not see one another's dresses. How trouble"

   Chiaki blushes slightly. "You want me to go as your date?" She asks timidly. Sonia nods shyly, making me roll my eyes.

   "Pack it up, lesbians." I sigh tiredly, earning a few giggles. 

   "Ah, that reminds me, Hajime, you owe me one hundred thousand yen~" Komaeda drawls, smug smile on his face. I emit a groan.

   "What?! Seriously?!"

   "If you'd prefer to pay the fifteen milli-"

   "Ugh, I get it, shut up!" 

   Chiaki turns to me. "Hajime, you'll come dress shopping, right?" She asks. I frown.

   "I was just going to wear a suit if I went. . ." I respond carefully. Chiaki rolls her eyes, folding her hands on the table.

   "No, I need your opinion, Stupid."

   I sit back in my seat. "Ah. Understood. Text me when you want to go then."

-

   NO ONE'S POV

   "Komaeda!~" 

   The white-haired boy clenches his eyes shut, trying to block out the annoying voice. He forces his feet to move faster, hoping to outrun her. Alas, as luck would have it. . .

   A long, slender arm slings over his shoulder and he slows down with a huff. The girl tugs him closer to herself. 

   "I can't believe you were running from me! Your very best friend!" She pouts. Komaeda rolls his eyes in turn.

   "You're not my best friend, Junko." He replies coldly. She grins.

   "Uh, yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that. Anyways~" She sings, pulling him out of the center of the hall, him being towed along reluctantly. 

   "What do you want?" He demands, folding his arms over his chest. Junko giggles. 

   "You have a new boy toy." She states.

   "I have a new friend." He agrees. 

   "You seem to have quite taken to him."

   "He's a good person."

   Enoshima takes a step back, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "I see I see. Tell me his name." She orders. He sighs.

   "Hajime." 

   "I want to meet him."

   "Absolutely not," The fluffy-haired boy snaps, "I'm not going to let you mess with him as you did me! You better stay away from my Hajime!"

   She giggles. "Oh~ I see how it is. Komaeda likes Hajime!~" She says in a sing-song voice. Nagito's cheeks turn pink. 

   "That's. . .That's not it." He mutters. Junko claps her hands excitedly.

   "Ah, that's exactly it! Aww, Komaeda has a crush!" She cheers, twirling around him. He deflates. "Oh, don't worry, I'm going to help you with this! I'll win his heart for you. Or maybe, I'll win him myself? What do you say? Let's gamble over Hajime."